Gilles Berthoud Aspin saddle vs. Brooks Swift vs. ?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Godlykepower

Re: Gilles Berthoud Aspin saddle vs. Brooks Swift vs. ?

Post by Godlykepower »

I've ended up going with a Brooks Swift.

Took it out today for a quick 20 miles and straight away, I'm thinking it is going to be more comfortable than the B17 I've just taken off.

I've always been a bit "meh" with the B17 - it's alright, not the most comfortable thing I've ever sat on, but also not the worst. The Swift felt lovely right from the off!

I usually fun my saddles dead level, but after chatting with the guys at Tokyo Fixed the other day, decided to run my Swift with about 1 degree nose up.

After some break in, it can only get better. :D
I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That's like saying AC/DC have an awesomeness problem.
Rhodrich

Post by Rhodrich »

508.8 miles logged on my Spa Wharfe, and it's still not fully broken in! No sit bone dimples, and it's still VERY firm. That's not to say that it's uncomfortable - it does have give, but I'm surprised that it's not softer by now - it's really no different from my last report at 183.6 miles. The thicker leather, and waterproof backing really make a difference compared to Brooks Saddles.

I'll get there in the end!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

tatanab wrote: I also have a Swift, B17 and a Pro all in use.

Me too, but now I've run out of bikes! :?
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
MGate

Post by MGate »

Swift titanium for me - I think that my bottom suits the saddle. Never found a B17 that worked for me. Like you I found the Swift is best slightly tilted up and I've never done that with any other saddle. I thought that a comfy Brooks was never obtainable - had a B17, Champion and a B67 on a mountain bike (circa 1988...) Saddles are like an item of clothing - and what fits for someone else doesn't necessarily work for you.