Good bike for a little lady?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Sweep

Re: Good bike for a little lady?

Post by Sweep »

bikerta wrote:This is a great looking bike and well within your price range. Nice small frame size and comfortable bars.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161252979376? ... 1423.l2649

Wonderful looking bike.

An "unwanted gift" it says!

Off topic, but can't help feeling there may be a story (very possibly sad) behind that.
Sweep
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Sweep wrote:Hi there bohrstation - sorry - only just seen that this is a question to me.

I got in touch with the wonderful Edinburgh Bike Co-op.
all the best

Thanks. Actually I was already recommended something similar by a bike shop - http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tortec-Tour-Rac ... _63751.htm - but they didn't appear to be any longer than the existing attachments. I had not thought about using them to extend the arms! They are cheap enough to make it worthy of further investigation.. will let you know how it goes.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Those look fine to me and a good price.

Also encouraging that they are Tortec, whose rack fitting system/arms are very adjustable as you know.

I think you are sorted :)
Sweep
NEvans

Post by NEvans »

Ended up going for the smallest framed Galaxy Plus. 700 wheels rather than 26 on it, but appear to be ok.

Heavier and stiffer than a lot of people would want or recommend but [sofar] very happy with it.
Newton's first law; Large body mass and weight equals fast going down hill but slow going up,
So blame Newton not me when you're bored waiting at the top of the hill.
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Sweep wrote:Those look fine to me and a good price.

Also encouraging that they are Tortec, whose rack fitting system/arms are very adjustable as you know.

I think you are sorted :)

Sorry - derailing the topic once more but thought I should post the conclusion for the rack fitting issue I was having. I was worried about using two sets of fittings to secure the rack as I wasn't sure it would be strong enough to carry a full load and after some mails with the helpful folk at SJS cycles decided to try some straight fittings designed for Tubus racks http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tubus-roundstay-l-prod21528/. I chose the 240mm stays as after measuring up realised they would protrude 20-30mm from the clamp on the rack.

I fitted them today and in combination with a seatpost clamp with mounts the rack is now completely level and feels much more secure than before.
Attachments
Photo 12-04-2014 13 45 57-small.jpg
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Thanks for the update bohrsatom - it's nice when folk take the trouble to update - helps others.

all the best
Sweep