B&M Lumotec Cyo 60 Senso N+ switch

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
PaulS

B&M Lumotec Cyo 60 Senso N+ switch

Post by PaulS »

I fitted a Lumotec a couple of months ago, but the black plastic cap on the back of the light fell off. I put it back on again but it kept falling off when I hit a bump, and I lost it. It's a bit of a flimsy design and looks like a new cap will just fall off again eventually, but it is a pain to operate the switch without it.
- Is it worth getting a new cap, or do they just fall off anyway? And any ideas where from?
Seems a bit silly to send the whole light back for replacement now it's fitted to the bike.
Thanks
mig

Re: B&M Lumotec Cyo 60 Senso N+ switch

Post by mig »

funnily enough this exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. i contacted amba marketing - ruth 01392 829903. very helpful.

i was assured though that the switch falling off was the first instance that B&M had of that fault. they would now seem to have two..!!
jb

Post by jb »

Mine’s never fallen off in years of use. Perhaps there is a faulty batch about.
Mind you I have mine permanently on automatic so rarely use it.
Cheers
J Bro
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Thanks for your help.

Amazon sent a replacement light, so I fitted that. 9 months (and about 1,500 miles) later the cap has fallen off that one as well. I was riding over cobbles today so that's probably what has rattled the cap off, although it was only a few hundred yards at about 10mph. I'm now having a scrap with Amazon who only want to honour the original warranty (13 months ago), rather than any warranty for the replacement they sent (9 months ago). And because I bought it through Amazon the UK B&M importer doesn't want to get involved. Ho hum.