Panaracer Tour Guard Plus

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
CREPELLO

Re: Panaracer Tour Guard Plus

Post by CREPELLO »

JohnW wrote:
CREPELLO wrote:..............Don't believe everything the LBS says.............

I do believe what my LBS proprietor says - he said he's always been given to understand that......etc. etc.......

It seems to me that if anyone was telling porkies, it wasn't the LBS proprietor - he has no vested interest in doing that in this instance.

Now there's a big difference between telling porkies and passing on inaccurate information, albeit unknowingly. It may be of course that when the LBS chap told you this that Panaracer hadn't started selling their tyres to other companies. I think the Soma tyres haven't been around that long. How long I wonder have the Grand Bois tyres in their Panaracer guise been selling?
Samurray

Post by Samurray »

Samurray wrote:OP, I would be very interested to hear any reports on your Tourguard Plus tyres. I have been considering getting these for a forthcoming tour beginning in April. Currently I use the (old) Pasela TG (26 x 1.75) and love them. Very fast rolling for such a tyre, very comfortable and in a year and a half commuting in London and cycling down to Cornwall (fully loaded) I've not had one flat. I had better go and *touch wood* now of course. Anyway, after something possibly a little more rugged for a one year trip.

S

Last night, on my way home, I hear a hissing sound coming from my front tyre. My first flat! That'll teach me.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Well, you would tempt fate.... (shakes head sadly)
cutefriendanton

Post by cutefriendanton »

I got these in 700x32 and they're ok. It says 50-75 but i always pump em to ~80 or so or they feel slow and mushy. I ride in urban honolulu and have to be on and off the sidewalk so hopping up and down curbs, on grass asphalt and some muddy patches. They're over all good but like i said if I don't slightly over inflate them I feel like they're pretty slow. I'm also 200lbs so that might have something to do with it. I'm happy with them, but I might try something else just to see.