Seatpost mount for dynamo rack light?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
stewartpratt

Re: Seatpost mount for dynamo rack light?

Post by stewartpratt »

Alternative option: The B&M Secula Plus is available with a seatpost mount and isn't expensive (£13 + P&P from Rose). By the time you sell your Toplight you're probably quids in compared to buying an adapter :)
PH

Post by PH »

Does the bike have rack mounts? If so it isn't hard to use these to make a lamp bracket, I used a small piece of plywood and two L brackets, cut and glued two foam wedges to keep it at the right angle. Sorry I no longer have the bike for a photo.
ShaunMc

Post by ShaunMc »

This is a bit of a late reply to the OP but I see the tread is still active! I've had this same problem to ponder as I have a rack on/off scenario. I used to have a tail light which clipped to the two saddle rails - a really neat option.
To recreate this with an arrangement for a dynamo tail light - purchase 2 P clips to clamp around the saddle rails and cut a short length of plastic/alloy/steel bar to fit between these two bolt-able holes of the p clips. drill the bar at the ends to align with the p clips and drill two more holes 50mm apart to take the dynamo light.
I actually have a supernova taillight but wanted the pannier rack style so I could mount it in either position
Hope This Helps someone!

P-Clip example - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Nylon-P ... 417807cbeb
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

ShaunMc wrote:This is a bit of a late reply to the OP but I see the tread is still active!

Yep, this forum doesn't close old threads so they do occasionally get resurrected. If it's not useful to the OP the information will probably be useful to some. If one person has asked chances are that several more will come across the replies when searching for an answer to the same problem
g.meredith

Post by g.meredith »

Thanks Shaun. I will give your idea a try. Regards Gavin.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

g.meredith wrote:Hello All.
I am looking for an adaptor that will allow me to attach a Busch Muller Toplight Linetec or a Philips Lumiring to the seatpost. (Not the seatpost clamp) Philips used to do one but no longer. Any ideas on a universal seatpost adaptor for lights with 50mm - 80mm mount spacing.
Thanks All.

I have a spare Philips one, new unused. Like this http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/seat ... ight-65111
I bought 2 earlier this year to play around with for other uses. One got butchered to do what I want which leaves one untouched and available. PM me and we can arrange a price.