Sunrace cassettes

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
MikeDee

Sunrace cassettes

Post by MikeDee »

Anyone use them? How do they compare to Shimano?
NorwichVelo

Re: Sunrace cassettes

Post by NorwichVelo »

Hi Mike is it a cassette or actually a freewheel only I do have some experience of the free wheels.

They are pretty poor quality but I've recently opened a new one up and changed tha ball bearings and regressed it so will see how it goes. They do fit on a shimano body I guess as they are a rip off.
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

NorwichVelo wrote:Hi Mike is it a cassette or actually a freewheel only I do have some experience of the free wheels.

They are pretty poor quality but I've recently opened a new one up and changed tha ball bearings and regressed it so will see how it goes. They do fit on a shimano body I guess as they are a rip off.

Cassette
tooley92

Post by tooley92 »

I had a sunrace 9 speed cassette once, bought as Shimano cassettes were much more expensive at the time.

It never indexed properly and would skip in some of the gears - not sure if it was a bad one but it ended up in the bin and was replaced by a Shimano one.

As the old adage goes - Buy cheap buy twice!
Remember folks 'A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!'
AndyK

Re: Sunrace cassettes - MX7

Post by AndyK »

Reviving this thread as I have the opportunity to buy some Sunrace MX7 11-32 9-speed cassettes at what appears to be a bargain price. The MX7 is supposedly a higher-end model, not the usual cheap'n'cheerful Sunrace stuff. I'm wondering whether to stock up for my tourer, which is currently running on a SRAM PG970. Anyone had experience of the MX7 cassettes specifically?