Tubeless tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Bigdummysteve

Tubeless tyres

Post by Bigdummysteve »

During my research for my ECR build the issue of tubeless set up with the bigger tyres kept cropping up, indeed a conversation with a retailer who has a 29+ off-road bike revealed that he thought them almost essential along with many other riders. I've never tried tubeless and there seems to be little mention of them for touring on or off road.
Why is this? Surely us touring types could benefit from the supposed benefits of better rolling resistance and puncture protection? From what I've read tubeless setups with sealant are almost puncture proof and little bother to set up now with all the advances and one could always carry a tube for the worst case scenario. Or am I missing something important, I'm tempted to run the ECR tubeless so have purchased the kit and compatible rims/tyres but also 3 big tubes......
AlanW

Re: Tubeless tyres

Post by AlanW »

Try HERE
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
Bigdummysteve

Re: Tubeless tyres

Post by Bigdummysteve »

AlanW wrote:Try HERE

Thanks, interesting. Especially the weight savings, the 29" plus tubes are big and heavy so the savings might be greater. I think another disadvantage might be if you wanted to change tyres. How do you remove it?