Tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
simontelford

Tyres

Post by simontelford »

Hi guys and Gals can someone please advice me on tyre choice, i have a carrrera parrva with 27.5 1.95 tyres and am finding road use a little tiring to say the least so would like to change to just road tyres, + would i need inner tubes any help would be much appreciated simon
Eyebrox

Re: Tyres

Post by Eyebrox »

Brucey

Post by Brucey »

take a look at the Schwalbe Kojak, too. This is a narrower tyre and (unlike the Big Ben, which is as wide as an MTB tyre) will necessitate that you fit different inner tubes to match the tyre width better.

More or less any tyre with an ISO size of XX-584 will fit on your rims; this fitment is often known as 650B, (or 26 x 1-1/2"). If you search for 27.5" tyres you will mostly find knobbly MTB ones, but the other designations will normally produce more road-type tyres.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

You would want a tyre with a fairly smooth tread pattern, light and flexible, and with a width related to the roads you will be riding on - the smoother the road, the narrower the tyre that will be fastest. For purely road use, I'd probably go 32 or 35, but if you go on forest tracks wider may be better.
Grand Bois tyres are generally regarded as the fastest, but they aren't cheap.
simontelford

Post by simontelford »

cheers for the info guys, went for the schwalbe kojak's in the end 650b 1.35.. i take it im now looking for a 650b 1.35 inner tubes now? i can only seem to find 650b 1.75 - tubes at the mo, or am i going wrong somewhere :?