Wonky valve hole.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Vetus Ossa

Wonky valve hole.

Post by Vetus Ossa »

Hi all.

I have just bought a pair of Campagnolo khamsin wheels and very nice they look too.
The first thing I noticed when I took them out of the box was that the rear valve hole was drilled off centre of the rim, and must say it looks a bit odd to me.
I contacted the shop and the chap there said that was correct, all Campag wheels now look like that.
I suspect that he’s right, and they are, but would like your opinions before I fit them in case they need to be returned.

Cheers

Here's a picture
Attachments
IMG_2046.JPG
Beauty will save the world.
Rich_Clements

Re: Wonky valve hole.

Post by Rich_Clements »

Mine is the same, done over 1000 miles on them now without issue, no idea why though
Rich
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

Phew, well cheers Rich, if that’s the way they are supposed to be I'll keep them, especially as they are rather nice and good value I think.
Beauty will save the world.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Well, with an asymmetric rim on the back it will look as if the valve hole is off centre.
I should coco.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

Valbrona wrote:Well, with an asymmetric rim on the back it will look as if the valve hole is off centre.

Exactly. The Khamsin has offset spoke holes to reduce the dish. The rim profile itself is asymmetric to put the spoke holes away from the corners of the profile. If you measure the valve hole should be halfway between the braking surfaces but wont be halfway across the inside rim surface. I think you can even see this in the photo.
JonF

Post by JonF »

I found the same problem - valve hole not in the centre of the rim - with my new Campagnolo Zonda Disc Brake wheels. I thought it was a fault until Wiggle told me otherwise, as did this chain