The direction of the CTC , yay or nay

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.

Do you have faith in the direction that the CTC is heading?

1 Yes
14%
2 No
64%
3 I'll wait and see
21%

Total votes: 42

fishfright

Re: The direction of the CTC , yay or nay

Post by fishfright »

Even though its small sample it doesn't look great for CTC's governance. but u can't see it making any difference.

I read on here that many members are 'here for the insurance' which is a rough sea to build a membership on
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

fishfright wrote:...
I read on here that many members are 'here for the insurance' which is a rough sea to build a membership on

Particularly as for many of those they are probably covered by their house insurance and just have not realised it yet. And haven't appreciated the added complexity when making a claim if you are covered by two different companies (covering the same risk). So they might actually be making their insurance cover situation worse.

Ian
AJ101

Post by AJ101 »

I've always preferred the CTC over British Cycling (Federation) exactly because of it's campaigns. Anything that can add even more weight to that is a good thing, never lose sight of that.
PRL

Post by PRL »

AJ101 wrote:I've always preferred the CTC over British Cycling (Federation) exactly because of it's campaigns. Anything that can add even more weight to that is a good thing, never lose sight of that.

If we could persuade BC to change their name to British Cycle Sport (more a reflection of their core interest , I have heard a rep refer to themselves at the governing body of cycling ! ) CTC could happily take over the British Cycling name.

Rule of thumb - bike with pannier rack for touring and/or shopping = CTC, bike without = BC(S)
Bazza55

Post by Bazza55 »

We need to start referring to ourselves as 'the Cyclists Touring Club' instead of 'CTC' this would help send a message where needed. My local District Association (sorry Member Group) made a decision to promote and use the winged wheel in preference to the nasty cheap looking wobbly bike logo on runs lists and notices. We need to be proud of our name, history, winged wheel and traditions. It has worked for 138 years and you'd be amazed how many people are looking for a 'touring cycling club' to ride and associate with.