Doping culture still exists.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
reohn2

Re: Doping culture still exists.

Post by reohn2 »

I'm amazed some people think pro athletes are clean,there are probably more clean now than ever,but anyone who thinks pro sport of any kind is clean is deluded.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

It must be soul-destroying to be clean and face the fact that your competitors are doping and beating you as a result, with the insult added to injury being that you yourself will be suspected of it and/or even accused of it, either behind your back, or even to your face in interviews.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Flinders wrote:It must be soul-destroying to be clean and face the fact that your competitors are doping and beating you as a result, with the insult added to injury being that you yourself will be suspected of it and/or even accused of it, either behind your back, or even to your face in interviews.

I agree,and when you beat the opposition roundly as Froome(assuming he's clean)did the other day only to be met by the French press pointing the finger the morning after must be either soul destroying or make you more determined to stamp doping out and condemn it at every opportunity.

The worst of it is that we're surrounded by so much lying and cheating,especially by the worst example,Lance Armstrong.Not to mention other public figures such as politrickians with far great powers than atheletes,I become very cynical.
My old Dad used to say 'money sorts the men out from the boys',how right he was.
W H Auden
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

I wonder how team Sky appears to others? They might well seem to be bankrolled by one of the largest media organisations in the world, with enough money and clout to pull all kinds of strokes behind the scenes.

I don't think it is like that, I hope it isn't like that... but it might seem to be that way.

Froomy doesn't deserve to have cups of wee thrown over him though....

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

From the linked article:-
Jalabert spoke to RTL radio after Froome’s victory to La Pierre-Saint-Martin on stage 10 of the Tour, saying that it was “surreal to see just how superior Froome is” and that his cadence was “so difficult to achieve that it leaves us speechless.” He also added that the large time gaps on
that stage between Froome and his rivals “made me feel a bit uncomfortable.”

There's another way to look at it, Nibali's team,are under close scrutiny,Astana is it seems are at the last chance saloon,Bertie and Valverde have both been on the naughty step once,a second infringement and they're both out on their ear,so it's possible they could be clean and not what they used to be because of that,though not forgetting Bertie won the Giro and could be suffering as a result.
TJ,has never looked convincing enough to beat Froome,IMO close but no cigar.
Quintana similarly,and both he and TJ are young.

Sky are noted for not over racing their riders and looking after their interests in their 'small gains' theory approach,which goes to extraordinary lengths,other teams are starting to get to grips with it but trailing Brailsford & Co,who still have head start.

Elsewhere in the article Jaja,says that his cadence was
“so difficult to achieve that it leaves us speechless.”

So what does he think,that he's perhaps had his legs wound up electronically? :?

Froome is a very confident and calculated rider with a very strong team around him,it's that calculation and level headedness as a roadracer,that sets him apart and above Wiggins IMO in the peloton's chaotic flux,Bertie is the same.

I think Froome's clean,and I think he's just the best at present.
W H Auden