National 25 Comp Record goes again...

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Spinners

National 25 Comp Record goes again...

Post by Spinners »

In the Port Talbot Whs Open 25 today, Matt Bottril clocked 45:43 to shave 3 seconds off the Competition Record.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Pandaz

Re: National 25 Comp Record goes again...

Post by Pandaz »

That is going to be such a hard time to beat!!
Pandaz

Post by Pandaz »

My fastest was 58' high. Can't believe I've been so thoroughly hammered!!
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Comp record broken again on Sunday with a 43.00 by Marcin Bialoblocki in the Realteam 25, on the Welsh course.

However, there are allegations of dangerous or incorrect riding so the record may not stand. There are several photos doing the rounds of him riding on the centre line of the dual carraigeway, in breach of CTT regs.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

59min 27sec ..... on the R25/7 Usk ...... 1981 ..... still PB.
Thought I was a god ..... Until John Pritchard finished ! .... :lol:
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

TrevA wrote:Comp record broken again on Sunday with a 43.00 by Marcin Bialoblocki in the Realteam 25, on the Welsh course.

However, there are allegations of dangerous or incorrect riding so the record may not stand. There are several photos doing the rounds of him riding on the centre line of the dual carraigeway, in breach of CTT regs.

I can see why this would be against the rules - but why would you do it - is the paint there smoother than the paint to the side?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

[XAP]Bob wrote:
TrevA wrote:Comp record broken again on Sunday with a 43.00 by Marcin Bialoblocki in the Realteam 25, on the Welsh course.

I can see why this would be against the rules - but why would you do it - is the paint there smoother than the paint to the side?

A couple of reasons - neither valid. He seems to ride with a very head down position, so by following the white line, he knows he's going straight and in the right direction. The other is to force cars to overtake in the outside lane, passing very close, so that you get a drafting effect from them. He may also be able to minimise the distance ridden by cutting off the bends.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
SilverBadge

Post by SilverBadge »

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/ra ... 787#anchor

DNF means DSQ in this case.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

TrevA wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:

A couple of reasons - neither valid. He seems to ride with a very head down position, so by following the white line, he knows he's going straight and in the right direction. The other is to force cars to overtake in the outside lane, passing very close, so that you get a drafting effect from them. He may also be able to minimise the distance ridden by cutting off the bends.

Hmm - I still think I'd rather take the white line on the left, rather than the central one. You get the same 'know where I'm going over the next tenth of a second, hope no-one has stopped' benefit. And cars will pass you in the same lane if you are there anyway...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.