Tiernan-Locke banned.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.

Tiernan-Locke banned.

Postby cycleruk » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Q. Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
A. Premature death

cycleruk

Re: Tiernan-Locke banned.

Postby RJS » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi Cycleruk, I live in Paignton where he rode with Colin Lewis/Mid Devon so I'm a bit biased, in our local paper, " Herald Express" he's still saying he's innocent, he's never failed a drug test, when he rode with Endura he asked for a passport but the UCI refused. It seems he may appeal, not against the ban, that might imply some guilt but against the verdict, i.e. challenging the passport its self, which the paper suggests " many in the sport believe is flawed". There are also some unanswered questions about where, when, and with whom some key blood test were supposed to have been taken in 2012.
Cheers, Rob.
RJS

Postby cycleruk » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Hope he can be proved innocent.
The "passport" is a good idea but there may be instances when readings could be affected by unusual circumstances.
Q. Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
A. Premature death

cycleruk

Postby TrevA » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 pm

cycleruk wrote:Hope he can be proved innocent.
The "passport" is a good idea but there may be instances when readings could be affected by unusual circumstances.

He claims that he drank 33 units of alcohol (wine and vodka), 3 days before the world champs, which lead to the unusual readings! Seems unlikely and, frankly, odd that someone would do that to their body just before a major bike race.

Remember, Lance Armstrong's main defence when accused of doping, was that he never failed a test. And yet he was doping even before he got cancer.
TrevA

Postby RJS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 am

Been away from computer access for a week, but before I went, local paper again, UKAD accept the drink (alcohol) for the raised levels, they don't accept that he wouldn't have drunk a load of water to rehydrate, he says he didn't for fear of throwing up in front of new team mates. Endura Racing stand by him, and EPO was beyond his financial means. The paper is the Hearald Express (Torbay), page 61, 21/8/14.
Cheers, Rob.
RJS

Postby mjr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:41 am

RJS wrote:UKAD accept the drink (alcohol) for the raised levels

Doesn't look like it:
http://www.ukad.org.uk/news/article/ukad-confirms-two-year-ban-for-professional-cyclist wrote:The Panel found that the explanation provided by the rider during a hearing on 1 and 2 July 2014 did not sufficiently explain the abnormal values obtained from the sample.

Has something changed or has the local paper got it wrong?

The full written decision is available by following links from the quoted page if you want to see it.
MJR, mostly pedalling a Revolution Streetfinder with 28mm DC front, 37mm M+ rear. Webmaster for hire, part of software.coop, so keen on practical sustainable transport. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
mjr

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi,
I'm a Paignton (Born) guy too :)
Just found paper soi've not read it yet........
From Torbays 12 8 14 Herald.
Attachments
imgCTC007-A-A-A.jpg
imgCTC006-A-B.jpg
01-01-14..81 KGS..26-04 -14- 76 KGS ...(:<)
Breakfast...one toast and jam.......rumble...
Roadies are fair game.......especially when I am on my MTB. 20 Notches - 8 ? +/- a Hybrid (:<(
Punch It Bishop !
NATURAL ANKLING

Return to Racing, Olympics, TdF, Competitive cycling