Accidental Death of a Cyclist

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
nez

Accidental Death of a Cyclist

Post by nez »

in other words, the Pantani story. I went and watched the movie in Harwich Electric Palace. Very good and worth the entrance fee for anyone who follows cycling as a sport. But what was great was a question and answer session with Matt Rendell, author of the original book and Ned Boulting's knowledgable feed on ITV4. I could have listened for hours, he knew so much, but unfortunately we were timed out. If you get the chance to hear him speak about Pantani or the doping scandals, take it.
nicmarsh

Re: Accidental Death of a Cyclist

Post by nicmarsh »

+1 for the film, very watchable
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Interesting film - hadn't realised how new some of todays technology is until seeing what the Pirate was using!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I haven't seen the film but Rendell's book about Pantani tells a story of an insecure person being exploited and sucked dry by those around him.
A sad tale indeed of a man with so much talent in an age where drug in sport is a constant problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden