Tour of Britain

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
DavidWC

Tour of Britain

Post by DavidWC »

Does anyone have any ideas about what time stages end?
I want to watch the end of the stage in Bristol on 10th September but need to catch a train at 18.22?
thanks
Davidc
RickH

Re: Tour of Britain

Post by RickH »

The usually publish the race handbook (that you can download as a PDF) with all the timings for the stages nearer to the event.

Looking at last year's, all the stages were due to be done & dusted by just after 4pm at the latest. On the road that can vary a bit but I wouldn't have thought they would finish more than an hour late even if they ride very slowly or unless there is a delay. So, unless they throw in something very different with timings, I would think you'll be OK.

Rick
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
DavidWC

Post by DavidWC »

Hi Rick
Many thanks - appreciate the information.
Davidc
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Plenty of time to get from durdham downs to Temple Meads plus it's all downhill too. I'll be up there too and also at the start in Bath on 12th September.
mjr

Post by mjr »

After the finish, it's often worth hanging around for the podium presentations. I'll never forget the crowd reaction when one rider was presented with a cheese. I think it was most aggressive rider but I could be wrong. Allow half an hour, but it could be more if there's controversy or a big breakaway.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Stages usually finish between around 4 pm, so should be all done and dusted by 5 pm at the latest.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com