Final nail for Armstrong?

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
whoops

Re: Final nail for Armstrong?

Post by whoops »

By going onto the Oprah show I suppose Lance thinks that will draw a line under the affair and then that will let him get on with the rest of his life. At the end of the day, in Britain, who really gives a damn whether he cheated or not. As a test of Jo public's views I commented to two blokes in the paper shop about Armstrong and they replied "Who you mean Neil" and the other one thought I meant Lance Percival. So much for the concern of the none-cycling general public.
ronyrash

Post by ronyrash »

[campot,cambodia]
is it totally beyond the realms of posability that due to armstrongs significance being texan,and close freind of fellow texan xpresident bush.that to make sure lance races had no drug involvmen [ vital to bushes millitery campaigns fundraising at that time]that all lances races were policed to the total exclusion of all drugs.this to my mind would explain how he won 7 tdf
his competeters being unable to perform at their highest level due to prior drug use.this is not to denigh that lance is a great athelet.its posable he as inhereted tara amara genes.these copper canyon people[not that far from texas] can run 3 days and nights without rest or food.]even if lance confesses [?] i would still not accept that he took drugs.he had no need to and had every reason not to.
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Eh? Even if he admits it you still think he didn't do it? LOL
philg

Post by philg »

The weekend comes, my cycle hums
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

Eh? Even if he admits it you still think he didn't do it? LOL

I don't think thats what the poster meant. I think he was alluding to the possibility of Armstrong admitting something he did not do, just so he can get back his license to race. Whether that is likely I have no idea.
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

There is zero chance of his race licence back. But I take your point.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

She's spot on,these people are theives :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

whoops wrote:By going onto the Oprah show I suppose Lance thinks that will draw a line under the affair and then that will let him get on with the rest of his life. At the end of the day, in Britain, who really gives a damn whether he cheated or not. As a test of Jo public's views I commented to two blokes in the paper shop about Armstrong and they replied "Who you mean Neil" and the other one thought I meant Lance Percival. So much for the concern of the none-cycling general public.

So what's that got to do with anything,theives and liars,are theives and liars whether they're famous or not.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

The trouble is this isn't about Armstrong - it's more to do with trust in every single other sportsman and sportswoman. An admission of guilt from Armstrong will apply the final nail of the topic title to the coffin of public trust in them, I imagine.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Reports this morning indicate that he has indeed admitted doping.
ronyrash

Post by ronyrash »

Mark1978 wrote:Eh? Even if he admits it you still think he didn't do it? LOL

yes !
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

I agree with Nicole Cooke. I feel a deep and abiding anger that sport as a whole, and more to the point a sport I love has been dragged through this mire.

How many people have been corrupted by this sordid business?

Here is another;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/lancearmstrong/9609154/Lance-Armstrong-sold-his-soul-to-doping-says-former-masseuse-Emma-OReilly.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

LA has been stripped of his Sydney olympic bronze today, just ahead of his Oprah show.

In the UK, sky news (ch82 freeview) claim that they will have 'highlights' of the Oprah show tomorrow morning, but if it is interesting enough, it'll be everywhere.

cheers
SilverBadge

Post by SilverBadge »

Streamed live at http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lance-a ... g-one.html Various live commentary/updates at cyclingnews.com and others. I suspect the main highlights of what he did (and didn't) say will be widely covered.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

Matt Seaton, Hutch, Fothers et al in action here;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/17/lance-armstrong-oprah-winfrey-interview-live-blog

My verdict; he may have spoken, but LA is still trying to cheat us now. Many think he should answer in a court of law and be punished accordingly. I'm not holding my breath. At the pinnacle of sport, the material rewards are great, and he is still enjoying many of them. Those he and others have cheated are not, and may never do so.

cheers