Our World Champion

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
landsurfer

Our World Champion

Post by landsurfer »

Elizabeth so proud of you .. Me and my grandson .. Tears. Well done our World Champion!
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
mjr

Re: Our World Champion

Post by mjr »

Well done indeed - but why didn't it feature on the BBC News? It seemed to lose out to rugby group matches and F1 qualifying. The BBC Bashing Cycling continues! :(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I too noticed the lack of coverage and tweeted BBCSport about it, there was coverage of the track racing on Sunday nights news broadcast but still no mention of Queen Elizabeth in Richmond.
RickH

Post by RickH »

They did have a 90 minute highlights programme of the Ladies race on BBC 2 on Sunday afternoon (also repeated on the red button later that night), so they didn't exactly neglect it completely. It is available on iPlayer (as well as the recording of the live coverage they had on the red button) if you missed either/both.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Well done from me too. Great ride. Contrast it to the coverage when Cavendish won it.