why I would give away my children's inheritance?

gaz

Re: why I would give away my children's inheritance?

Post by gaz »

Kay Lakin's last post on ctc.org was 19 Nov 2015.
KL.jpg
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Last seen heading for CTC Xmas lunch on 18-12-2015.
I had to google what an Impact manager is. Still no wiser lol
Last edited by Graham on 27 Mar 2016, 10:28am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal facebook photo removed for privacy
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Please don't start stalking this young lady on my account.
I am quite prepared to accept that young people move jobs, thats all part of life, I suspect its particularly prevalent among office workers in areas with lots of employment.
I don't know how long she had worked for the CTC when she made her original posting about how many people with disabilities were being helped to cycle.
BUT, she had a manager when she made that post, and helping minority groups (including people with disabilities ) to access cycling is (I believe) a stated aim of the charity. So somebody, somewhere should have been supervising her at the time. Statistics are needed to demonstrate that the charity is successfully pursuing its objectives. If these statistics cannot be shown to be robust, then I suggest (again) that head office has failed......not this particular young lady, I don't want this to be personal.
Where was the supervision? Where was the support? Where was the automatic peer review and checking of data before publication?
I have done all sorts of jobs in a fairly long life, and it doesn't matter whether its safety of medicines, building bicycle wheels, or assisting people with disabilities with their personal hygiene......no employee is allowed to work unsupervised until they have shown themselves to be competent. After they are competent, checking is still performed on a sample basis.
Thats the workplace culture I'm used to.
manybikes

Post by manybikes »

531Colin - You could instead donate it to Sustrans. :lol: They admit today to being in crisis and sent me a begging email for donations.
Could this be a sign of the times for more charities?
gaz

Post by gaz »

Graham wrote:My current thoughts on the "Inclusive Cycling" section is that it has failed reach any sort of critical mass to justify its existence.
I would prefer to distribute anything useful to other sections and shut it down.

It would seem that the "Inclusive Cycling" section has joined the boards of the forum celestial. I trust its estate has been distributed appropriately :wink: .
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I find it very sad that someone somewhere has taken it upon themselves or has been ordered to remove those posts.
I believe it helps no one and certainly doesn't help me to speak positively about the CTC.

E2E info
gaz

Post by gaz »

My belief is that much of the content has been redistributed elsewhere on the forum, e.g. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96647

Some bits do appear to have been removed, Kay Lakin's thread introducing the board and the following discussion of whether or not such a board was relevant for one.

This appears to have been a moderator led exercise, you'd need to ask them if it was approved at National Office. I trust the moderators to have exercised suitable discretion in what has been kept and what has been discarded.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Paulatic wrote:I find it very sad that someone somewhere has taken it upon themselves or has been ordered to remove those posts.
I believe it helps no one and certainly doesn't help me to speak positively about the CTC.

I think the posts have been moved to the 'Does anyone know...? board, but I didn't do it, so I don't know if anything has gone elsewhere...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96647
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96010

Kay Lakin (maybe she requested the section? I don't remember) no longer works for the CTC.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

Vorpal wrote:
Paulatic wrote:I find it very sad that someone somewhere has taken it upon themselves or has been ordered to remove those posts.

I think the posts have been moved to the 'Does anyone know...? board, but I didn't do it, so I don't know if anything has gone elsewhere...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96647
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96010

Kay Lakin (maybe she requested the section? I don't remember) no longer works for the CTC.
it shows for any course of action to be successful it needs to be SMART
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Graham

Post by Graham »

I removed the Inclusive Cycling section.
Thirteen topics in 12 months - all of which could sit quite comfortably in other sections ( except two ).

Those two topics, out of public view, are those initiated by Kay Laikin explaining the need/reasoning for the separate section.

It was an experiment. It did not attract a new audience.

CTC can continue with their Inclusive Cycling project(s) without a moribund forum section.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Graham wrote:I removed the Inclusive Cycling section.
Thirteen topics in 12 months - all of which could sit quite comfortably in other sections ( except two ).

Those two topics, out of public view, are those initiated by Kay Laikin explaining the need/reasoning for the separate section.

It was an experiment. It did not attract a new audience.

CTC can continue with their Inclusive Cycling project(s) without a moribund forum section.

On the face of it it seems a good idea doesn't it?
But what about "Those two topics, out of public view, are those initiated by Kay Laikin [sic] explaining the need/reasoning for the separate section"?
We know and are told KL no longer works for CTC. I see that as totally irrelevant. Are we going to remove topics initiated by CJ because he no longer works for CTC? Of course not.
Of course the opening posts referred to a section now no longer existing and were of course totally redundant. However the following discussion from the OP were asking legitimate questions. Removing the evidence, of a lack of response and perhaps no actual figures available to anyone, alters history.
The cynic in me thinks if it had shown CTC HO in a good light it would still be there. Sadly I've seen nothing credible to stop my cynicism.

E2E info
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Paulatic wrote:Last seen heading for CTC Xmas lunch on 18-12-2015.
I had to google what an Impact manager is. Still no wiser lol

Please note this original post was edited

"Last edited by Graham on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal facebook photo removed for privacy
Paulatic

The screen capture used was, and quite obviously, from Twitter. A very public place and proudly posted by the user for all to see.

E2E info
gaz

Post by gaz »

Paulatic wrote:... Removing the evidence, of a lack of response and perhaps no actual figures available to anyone, alters history. ...

History is often recorded elsewhere rather than lost forever, except of course for the Cathedral of Chalesm :wink: .
mountainman531

Post by mountainman531 »

The letter asking for a bequest went straight into the bin as I'm sure it did for many other members too.