Meeting between Moderators & CTC National Office.

John1054

Meeting between Moderators & CTC National Office.

Post by John1054 »

On Wednesday 21st January,there was a meeting between some of the Moderator team, both in person and via Skype, with staff from National Office (Communications). This was the first such meeting since the re-vamping of the Forum 7 years ago. Those of us attending enjoyed meeting each other in person (or via Skype) for the first time, and found the meeting constructive and worthwhile.

We all agreed that the forum should stay as it is because it is well-loved and works well. We also agreed to open a dedicated link between mods. and N.O. so that official input would avoid any potential misunderstandings with any particular thread. Also there will be put into place better links from the main CTC web-site so that browsers can be directed to the Forum when appropriate.

Various discussions took place concerning the technical side of both the Forum & main web-site. The possibility of indexing some popular threads to enable new users to be directed to some particular/popular subjects was talked about. (This may take a while because of the amount of work involved in compiling indexes.)

Following this meeting, there was also some discussion with Paul Tuohy, David Cox, Barry Flood and Gwenda Owen. Everyone from N.O. value the Forum as it is. They would like to encourage more members to use it, as part of an improvement in communications.
gaz

Re: Meeting between Moderators & CTC National Office.

Post by gaz »

Sounds positive, thanks for the report.

AdWatch wrote:... We also agreed to open a dedicated link between mods. and N.O. so that official input would avoid any potential misunderstandings with any particular thread. Also there will be put into place better links from the main CTC web-site so that browsers can be directed to the Forum when appropriate. ...

N.O. have had a month to sort out this misunderstanding but nothing's changed so far.

Let us hope that we will see some substance to these proposals.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
beicio65

Post by beicio65 »

Good to meet you in Derby too! Following our discussions I will delve into areas of the Forum that I have till now avoided, still can't remeber exactly what 'kelly takeoffs' are!

Thanks for all that you do.

Cheers

Gwenda
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

beicio65 wrote:, ... still can't remeber exactly what 'kelly takeoffs' are! ...

HTH:-

viewtopic.php?p=490678#p490678
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hi Gwenda,
It's good to chat!

Great meeting you, and it was great putting faces to names. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
David Cox

Post by David Cox »

Thanks Mick highlight for me was putting a face (yours) to that famous wheels off the trailer saga and introducing Barry to the K take off!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:D :D
"Wheels off the trailer" saga still gives me nightmares!

For the full story:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29083
Mick F. Cornwall
gaz

Post by gaz »

AdWatch wrote:We also agreed to open a dedicated link between mods. and N.O. so that official input would avoid any potential misunderstandings with any particular thread. Also there will be put into place better links from the main CTC web-site so that browsers can be directed to the Forum when appropriate.
Following this meeting, there was also some discussion with Paul Tuohy, David Cox, Barry Flood and Gwenda Owen. Everyone from N.O. value the Forum as it is. They would like to encourage more members to use it, as part of an improvement in communications.

For my own part I've noticed more mentions of the forum in Cycle and perhaps some other CTC communications (I don't receive many). The "misunderstanding" I linked earlier still appears to be misunderstood. The Inclusive Cycling Section forum board has been launched.

What other successes/failures have there been so far?
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade