Wild camping - helicopter surveillance!

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
RickH

Re: Wild camping - helicopter surveillance!

Post by RickH »

thirdcrank wrote:...the story behind that pic demonstrates what I was saying about helicopters being used in support of police working at ground level below, rather than mooching about over remote places on the off chance of spotting something out-of-order.

I have a fund of anecdotes about helicopters, mainly of the "you couldn't make it up" type and all too recent to feature in a trip down memory lane.

I too doubt they were "mooching about". Purely speculation I know, but I would think that they were looking for or tracking someone/something else and spotted the OP in the process & maybe swung by to check that it wasn't worth following up as a potential casualty situation while they were nearby.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Cunobelin

Re: Wild camping - helicopter surveillance!

Post by Cunobelin »

I remember a story form my time with the Royal Navy and helicopters

Story goes
that returning from a call, two rather scantily dressed young ladies are spotted on the moor, so the helicopter descends to check thei safety to find thatthere are also a couple of naked young men and a camera crew, now filming the helicopter!

So somewhere on the internet there is a Pron film with a navy helicopter in a starring role!