Dungeness micro-adventure report

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Weimarunner

Dungeness micro-adventure report

Post by Weimarunner »

Great mini tour and wild camp at Dungeness, Kent - http://www.cycletourstore.co.uk/cycle-t ... dungeness/
mercalia

Re: Dungeness micro-adventure report

Post by mercalia »

wild/stealth camping - Where you ever challenged? was it stealthed? I ll make a note of the place.
very nice write up.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Dungeness, spent many days there at Dungeness B and just walking around enjoying the vistas. Wonderful place, so photogenic.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Weimarunner

Post by Weimarunner »

mercalia wrote:wild/stealth camping - Where you ever challenged? was it stealthed? I ll make a note of the place.
very nice write up.
Hi, no, we only saw a couple of dog walkers but by that time we were packing up. Pitching up late and leaving early paid off.
horizon

Post by horizon »

Weimarunner wrote:Great mini tour and wild camp at Dungeness, Kent - http://www.cycletourstore.co.uk/cycle-t ... dungeness/

I followed up your blog link to your Wild Camping Guide. Did you ever find out which law you break when wild camping and what the penalty is?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Bigdummysteve

Post by Bigdummysteve »

Being a Man of Kent ! NOT a Kenttish man! I the area well. I loved your ride report and commend your skills of making Dungerness seem an attractive place, a of masterpiece literature and photography.

Personally I've always found he place profoundly depressing, there seems to be an ingrained sadness to the landscape which I've not experienced anywhere else in the UK. Personally I'd keep well clear, no offence to the residents of the area.