Items with double use...

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
rbreid

Re: Items with double use...

Post by rbreid »

fluffybunnyuk wrote:a man... taking one on tour can be very handy... provided you keep it in good condition ,and talk to it slowly. it can usually do more than one thing for you, just not at the same time though which i think is a defect in the model.

*giggle*

Emma

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you wish to give me a resentment, prepare yourself for a disappointment.
Combative, pedantic, bigoted or confrontational posts will be ignored as detrimental to civilised debate.
b1galus

Post by b1galus »

a man... taking one on tour can be very handy... provided you keep it in good condition ,and talk to it slowly. it can usually do more than one thing for you, just not at the same time though which i think is a defect in the model.

*giggle*

Emma

as long as they are regularly serviced they work for a long time
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Frisbee. Fun or plate.
hufty

Post by hufty »

fluffybunnyuk wrote:a man... taking one on tour can be very handy... provided you keep it in good condition ,and talk to it slowly. it can usually do more than one thing for you, just not at the same time though which i think is a defect in the model.

*giggle*

Emma

Brilliant.

I always take the mother-in-law with me on holiday... [insert your own tired sexism here]
* I'm only havin' a laff, what's wrong with you where's your sense of humour *
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
ipswichcycler

Post by ipswichcycler »

Not really a double use but always take a little travel bottle of shower gel. You can fill it from hand soap in bathrooms. I'm such a stingey b......rd. funny thing spending 3k on a bike but not £1 on shower gel :)
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

I use Orikaso plates for chopping boards and for eating off.
They have the added advantage of taking up virtually no room in the pannier, as they unfold to flat and flexible. There are similar "fozzils" folding plates and dishes that use poppers to hold their shape instead of fold-in tabs, but they cost more.

When I'm being economical with the packing, I make a bar of soap do duty for washing me, washing my hair, washing clothes, washing dishes, and for shaving.
beardy

Post by beardy »

andrew_s wrote:I use Orikaso plates for chopping boards and for eating off.
They have the added advantage of taking up virtually no room in the pannier, as they unfold to flat and flexible. There are similar "fozzils" folding plates and dishes that use poppers to hold their shape instead of fold-in tabs, but they cost more.

When I'm being economical with the packing, I make a bar of soap do duty for washing me, washing my hair, washing clothes, washing dishes, and for shaving.

I sometimes do that too (though not the shaving of course 8) ) but mine is an expensive soap that comes in a small tin, has a fancy name and claims it is specially for multi use.

:lol: (at self).
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

I find shampoo decanted into a small bottle is very effective for washing body, hair and clothes.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
freiston

Post by freiston »

Not really multiple use, more different facets of one use, but I always took a large plastic mixing/salad bowl - it would just slide into one of my Karrimor paniers and could be filled with other stuff for transit. Off the bike it was used for food washing/preparation, washing-up, clothes washing and body washing/shaving. Could also be used inverted as a rain cover for odds and sods.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
foreversummer

Post by foreversummer »

We use a Buff as a pillowcase on our inflatable pillows, works great

image.jpg
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

foreversummer wrote:We use a Buff as a pillowcase on our inflatable pillows, works great

image.jpg

Love the buff idea, much better than the sweaty velour pillow material
whoof

Post by whoof »

Whilst touring last year, after descending off the Cime de la Bonette Mrs Whoof bought a pizza for her dinner. It was so big that she put some in a napkin and it also doubled as her tea. For those not from the UK dinner and tea are the meal that people up North call lunch and dinner.
PDQ

Post by PDQ »

A decent newspaper. More sheets (towels,rag, insulation, fire lighting) in the broadsheets, more interesting letters and editorials for evening entertainment..
Many different uses !!!
hufty

Post by hufty »

whoof wrote:For those not from the UK dinner and tea are the meal that people up North call lunch and dinner.

An ambiguous explanation, wrong on various levels. Ignore. :?
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Just for clarification, I thought it went, Brekkers, Elevenses, Lunch, Tiffin, Tea, and after the pub, Supper. You only have Dinner if you have to change, and I for one never take my DJ with me on my bike... :wink:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)