What does Kevin Mayne really think about the opposition?

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
swansonj

What does Kevin Mayne really think about the opposition?

Post by swansonj »

On page 32 of the April/May Cycle, Kevin Mayne says, of the opposition to the charity conversion, "There's a very small group saying "my cycling is the only true path". I think part of the challenge is getting people to lift their heads from the 10 or 20 people they know, and reflect on the fact that cycling is really broad and pivotal."

That is not a characterisation that I particularly recognise of the people who have argued against the charity conversion under the present circumstances. It would seem a shame if, after all the ink that has been spilled on the subject, he really hasn't understood the reasons for objection. But it would be even more of a shame if he actually does understand and yet still chooses to portray it this way.
Regulator

Re: What does Kevin Mayne really think about the opposition?

Post by Regulator »

I wonder if Cycle will give 'the opposition' the right of response...? :twisted:

:D
Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

the luxury of the parting shot.......
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

what does he care. He had bailed out before the proverbial soft stuff hits the rotating air mover.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
amg

Post by amg »

If that's what Kevin thinks about the subset of the members who don't happen to agree with him, and presumably since he writes as Chief Executive he is speaking with authority from Council, I'm not sorry my membership just expired.