CTC 2012 AGM Motions

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
Steady rider

Re: CTC 2012 AGM Motions

Post by Steady rider »

http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news/960 ... for_court/
http://www.gazetteherald.co.uk/news/960 ... ch/?ref=ms

It seems possible that the CTC could be involved in a court case. I am not sure if this has implications for the charity move and it seems like it could depend on the High Court case details.

It comes at a bad time perhaps in several ways. CTC members may wish to see the outcome from the potential court case before making a fairly big decision about the club. If the case does not get to court and the CTC delays the voting procedure then the CTC may need a special vote or wait for the 2013 AGM. Whatever the option, a court case pending may be trouble.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Steady rider

I've read both links and noticed no mention of the CTC. :? I'm off to wipe my specs, but in the meantime, can you add a clue?
julk

Post by julk »

TC,
Second link, paragraph above the flash driven advert, contains
"Purple Mountain said it has been given less than a month’s notice to wind up the business, which involves making staff redundant, after the Forestry Commission announced that a deal has been struck with Pace Cycles, also based locally, in partnership with the CTC and Eurest Services to operate the centre and cafe."
julk.
gaz

Post by gaz »

CTC get a mention in the second linked article.

However, whilst I'm no legal eagle, it seems to me that any High Court action would be between Purple Mountain and the Forestry Commission over the termination of Purple Mountain's contract to run the facilities.

A search of Dalby Forest on the main CTC site returns this.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

julk wrote:TC,
Second link, paragraph above the flash driven advert,....

:oops: As I said, I'm off to clean my specs. :oops: (Ironically, my advert in that space says something about saying goodbye to glasses - get Clariview. Or some such.) Anyway I'm blaming the way the advert reformats the text of the article. That's mye excuse and I'm sticking to it. :roll:
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

second link

Purple Mountain said it has been given less than a month’s notice to wind up the business, which involves making staff redundant, after the Forestry Commission announced that a deal has been struck with Pace Cycles, also based locally, in partnership with the CTC and Eurest Services to operate the centre and cafe.

The CTC element to this deal, a charity in Scotland but not yet in England. The CTC status is in part uncertain, it could become a charity in England or not. The Forestry Commission has decided against the existing supplier in favour of a joint 3 suppliers, one who's status is not certain. Charities have some advantages and if a charity can compete with non-charties for tenders is possibly one point that would arise.

it is a very serious issue surrounding probity and honesty.

To state this in the press is quite serious.

“We believe the tender process for the Bike Centre and Cafe have been carried out in bad faith and process has not been followed.”

I suppose we will get the full story from both sides if it gets to the High Court. It is far from the ideal situation a typical charity would want to find itself in.

A spokesman for the Forestry Commission said: “That’s a matter entirely for them – we are satisfied that the tendering process was both fair and rigorous. We received many excellent proposals to run the two business opportunities offered in Dalby and each was scored using the same criteria by a panel for four senior Forestry Commission managers.
Last edited by Steady rider on 25 Mar 2012, 1:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Part of the CTC has been a charity in England for quite some time ....
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

CTC CHARITABLE TRUST

I expect they will be involved and watching out for cyclists interests.

I think it is unlikely that the dispute and possible High Court action will have a bearing on the AGM motion.
Si

Post by Si »

Looks like the conversion is back on the rails - res 1 passed by 92.7%, although I've no idea of the turn out.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

Si wrote:Looks like the conversion is back on the rails - res 1 passed by 92.7%, although I've no idea of the turn out.

I wouldn't place money on it... there are other issues stirring.
Si

Post by Si »

eebygum, better than TV soap operas is this!
gaz

Post by gaz »

Si

Post by Si »

gaz wrote:AGM Results.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at new.ctc.org.uk.

LOL,
seems someone accidentally (?) put it on the new website which isn't there any more!
Oh well, hopefully it'll be back tomorrow.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Si wrote:LOL,
seems someone accidentally (?) put it on the new website which isn't there any more!
Oh well, hopefully it'll be back tomorrow.

Are you suggesting that the new website only works office hours? :lol:

Internet Explorer 8 can still find it.

I could do a PB and cut and paste the whole thing, maybe not though. :wink:
gaz

Post by gaz »

I can get to them in Firefox as well.