Ding, ding! Seconds away, round three!

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
gaz

Ding, ding! Seconds away, round three!

Post by gaz »

Received my 2011 AGM and voting papers with cycle today.

It's Charity Voting time again, this time it's for a Garmin! :roll:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Quaker Mike

Re: Ding, ding! Seconds away, round three!

Post by Quaker Mike »

Am I being overly cynical, or is the timing carefully calculated to ensure that the pro-charity camp gets its slant circulated in the mag (page 10) but also that the vote will occur before there's any chance of a response in the next issue?
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I get the feeling that anything the committee wants us to vote for, we should vote against and vice-versa! The magazine does make it look like it's all over and that a yes vote is only to 'rubber stamp' the last vote. It was not the committee's fault that so very few members bothered to vote last time but they cannot take that result as a mandate to go ahead with the charity proposals.
nealh

Post by nealh »

Its all gone very quiet on the forum - no debate about the AGM? Apart from the charity motion (which, going by the last vote will likely be tight - as in close to the 75% threshold) there's also Philip's motions on transparency.

I don't really understand why council supports motion 8 (publication of Council minutes) but opposes motion 9 (publication of council votes) when the latter is not very onerous if you are doing the former?
meic

Post by meic »

The "no" vote was about 25% but they were motivated by many different reasons.
I said in an earlier thread, that the "yes" camp could offer enough by way of changing Auditors and other worries to win over those (like the official NO campaign) who did not object to being a Charity out of principle.
Then those (like me) who dont want to be a charity at all will not be a large enough group to prevent the club's transformation.

However in the meantime the predictions about Government cuts are becoming reality and people may see that the financial savings of Charity status are no longer certain and that big pot of Government funding to be grabbed has been removed.
So the number of NO voters may be raised by another group of people deciding it is no longer a good idea for new reasons.

Not surprisingly the Council has chosen once again to lead the membership to the "right" result in the vote by all means at their disposal, rather than give a fair presentation of both sides of the argument and let the membership decide for themselves which way they want to go.
Yma o Hyd
gaz

Post by gaz »

meic wrote:Not surprisingly the Council has chosen once again to lead the membership to the "right" result in the vote by all means at their disposal, .....

A Garmin Edge, Ortlieb Classic Panniers (hope I don't get a pair, one's enough), dhb Sunglasses and Knog light sets. :wink:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

A Garmin Edge, Ortlieb Classic Panniers (hope I don't get a pair, one's enough), dhb Sunglasses and Knog light sets. :wink:[/quote]

I have a good cycle computer and I generally know where I am so the Garmin thing is of no use to me. I don't use panniers and as a prescription glasses wearer the sunglasses will be useless. I live 'up north' and we don't do sunshine! The committe will have to do better than that!
Clarion

Post by Clarion »

gaz wrote:Received my 2011 AGM and voting papers with cycle today.

Are you sure it's for the 2011 AGM? The Formal Notice says 2010 :roll:

Great proofreading, guys! That is invalid, and means the AGM is not properly constituted. Can somebody who knows what they are doing get involved in the management of our Club?
Fellowship Is Life! Unity Is Strength!
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

Clarion wrote:
gaz wrote:Received my 2011 AGM and voting papers with cycle today.

Are you sure it's for the 2011 AGM? The Formal Notice says 2010 :roll:

Great proofreading, guys! That is invalid, and means the AGM is not properly constituted. Can somebody who knows what they are doing get involved in the management of our Club?

You know me - I like to be helpful.

So here's a handy guide for those involved:

This is your ar$e... Image

...and...

...this is your elbow.Image