Comments on the vote.

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
Si

Comments on the vote.

Post by Si »

Time for another vote on the subject of the charity merger.

Last time around there was a good amount of ill feeling, things got heated in the forum, and it turned into a bit of a full time job for the mods at times. There is a good chance that this might happen again. So, before we get properly started let me say this: please go out of your way to make sure that anything you post is reasoned, civil and respectful. No name calling, no accusations of lying (unless your proof is so cut and dried that it is beyond any reasonable doubt, and you have given your victim every chance to clarify/amend what they have said first), no snide comments, no suggestions of underhand dealings (unless your proof is so cut and dried that it is beyond any reasonable doubt, and you have given your victim every chance to clarify/amend what they have done first), don't even try to be funny - as someone is bound to take it the wrong way (either accidentally or intentionally).

This applies to everyone - be it rank and file members, CTC Councillors or people that work at any level within N.O.

From now on comments will be removed without warning if the moderators believe that they contravene forum rules and the guidelines that I've laid out above. If you can't argue your point of view without crossing this line then you probably don't have a point of view worth arguing. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly then please PM the moderators directly to put forward your case - do not start any more threads about the freedom of speech and draconian moderation: everyone using this forum has a responsibility to use it within the guidelines that they signed upto - ignoring this responsibility invalidates any freedoms that one might think are due.

Sorry if this sounds very heavy handed, but last time around this debate caused us no end of extra work, with people from both sides of the debate claiming that we were biased in favour of the other, and a fair amount of abuse being heaped upon us. It also caused a lot of bad feeling within the club itself, and more this bad feeling can be limited, the better the club will do in the future.

I apologise, for having to issue a heavy handed post, to the great many who did and always do conduct themselves in a manner that is perfectly OK and who are a tribute to the forum, and I thank you for your understanding and cooperation.