4 month old Bike stolen - High Wycombe UK

subasht

4 month old Bike stolen - High Wycombe UK

Post by subasht »

I came to UK in Sep 2014 and bought a Carrera Subway 2 in Halfords. Made 2 mistakes a) Didn't insure the bike b) Left the cycle overnight in the High Wycombe Buckinghamshire railway station. My cycle has got stolen over the weekend. The Magnum Plus 305 Armoured Lock which comes with Anti Theft warranty didnt help as the thieves have managed to loot the bike along with it.

Its an extremely well maintained and good bike. I have given the police complaint and being new to this country what more can I do ?.
rogerzilla

Re: 4 month old Bike stolen - High Wycombe UK

Post by rogerzilla »

Keep an eye on eBay and Gumtree in case it pops up for sale. However, it sounds as if you've seen the last of it. I saw a Brompton locked up at Didcot Parkway the other week. That's just asking for it!
Thomas125

Post by Thomas125 »

What is the anti theft warranty? Can you make a claim or are there n + 1 get out clauses where n is the number of legitimate reasons for making a claim.

So sorry you lost your bike. Hope you can get sorted.
Was 93.4kg now 78.3kg

Next target 74.0kg

"Life is one long bike ride" :-)
nickpaton

Post by nickpaton »

Sorry to hear of your experience.

Whilst it's too late for your bike, it's well worth registering your bike(s), and anything else you own, on the Immobilise Property Register https://www.immobilise.com and gives the police details of your property items should they be stolen.
I'd also be interested if anyone else has used this or another similar registration service.

I really hope your bike does turn up.
Last edited by nickpaton on 2 Mar 2015, 7:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

If you have home insurance then that might be worth a look?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
gaz

Post by gaz »

subasht wrote:... what more can I do ?.

Sorry to hear your news.

Some more ideas here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=72098
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade