Stolen - Raleigh Randonneur Gun Metal Grey/White

Randonneur63

Stolen - Raleigh Randonneur Gun Metal Grey/White

Post by Randonneur63 »

Stolen in Guernsey, Channel Islands (31 July 2010). An orginal 1991 Raleigh Randonneur in Gun Metal Grey with White headstem, all original parts except the rear wheel (I'd had a puncture and replaced the wheel temporary, to repair, so still have one Mavic M3CD Hard anodised rim :P ).

Frame No. W B16224

57cm frame set, Brooks Honey pro (pre-softenned) saddle, Jum Blackburn front and rear pannier set etc, mudgards were shortened otherwise as per manufactures specs.

if ever found a reward will be paid for its return, i'd managed to keep it for 19years....

Mark. (Randonneur63).
geoff916

Re: Stolen - Raleigh Randonneur Gun Metal Grey/White

Post by geoff916 »

Hello Mark

I was sorry to hear about your Randonneur getting stolen. I have a Randonneur which I bought new in 1988. Unfortunately I had a crash and needed to replace the rear wheel.

It is now coming up to a 25 year anniversary of a trip I did with three friends from London to Sydney, and I really want to restore my bike to its original condition for a ride we are all planning to commemorate our big ride.

The one item I am missing is a rear Mavic M3CD rim laced to a Maillard hub. If you still have your rear wheel and it's got the right hub, I'b be very interested in buying it. Your old bike would live on as part of my Randonneur!!

I'd be very interested to hear from you.

Best wishes

Geoff
fossala

Re: Stolen - Raleigh Randonneur Gun Metal Grey/White

Post by fossala »

4 year necrobump, not a record but impressive!