Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
lukehall

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by lukehall »

Last edited by lukehall on 6 May 2015, 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Image no worry - probably ends drop box to be logged in...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Worry is iOS for showing btw.

It needs a Dropbox login to view...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
lukehall

Post by lukehall »

hopefully that now works
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Yep. Interesting side bags...
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

The photobucket images don't work !!!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Is that new BP?

I ought to grab a shot of mine before I start modding it....

Ordered a dynamo hub for the rear and a new hub for the front, both take centre lock discs.
I tend to enclose the rear wheel after building, maybe with red abs though - since I have a red tail box :)

Also a toplight line small (really tiny rear light) and a Lyt for the front.
Indeboat

Post by Indeboat »

Hello Everyone
Just finished making my Atomic Zombie Warrior Trike(4 Weeks),done about 120miles on it at the moment,slight tweakes to the seat and cutting some weight off bolts, pulleys and the seat.
Rides very nicely ,Shimano XT 9 speed setup, triger shifters work very well and ergonomicaly spot on.
Avid hydraulic discs.
In my haste to build the trike i bought 20" rims and disc hubs from the USA ,but did not realise that there are two types of 20" rims :oops:
Bought stainless spokes from the UK and built the wheels
My rims are 451 ,but with the Shwalbe Durano tyres it works very well.
The seat closed cell foam is a bit on the hard side so i have removed small amounts from contact areas, also mounted the rear of the seat via a rubber shock absorber bush(works very well).
Hope to get out to Ely for a ride next week.
Richard

squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Indeboat wrote:In my haste to build the trike i bought 20" rims and disc hubs from the USA ,but did not realise that there are two types of 20" rims :oops:
Bought stainless spokes from the UK and built the wheels
My rims are 451 ,but with the Schwalbe Durano tyres it works very well.
The seat closed cell foam is a bit on the hard side so i have removed small amounts from contact areas, also mounted the rear of the seat via a rubber shock absorber bush(works very well).

Nice work :) Now't wrong with 451 rims, especially with Durano's and no suspension ;) IIRC Speedys use rubber mounted seats too, so you are in good company 8)
"42"
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

451 is ok, less choice of tyre, but there is still choice.
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Nice job. I'm impressed.

I'd be interested to know what idlers you used, since I have to replace mine sometime soon
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Geoff.D wrote:Nice job. I'm impressed.

I'd be interested to know what idlers you used, since I have to replace mine sometime soon

The "ultimate" idlers are the Terracycle ones through Icletta

However home made can be easy....

If you have the engineering skills then cutting a track on a skate board wheel is adequate, otherwise there are commercial ones available in all sorts of sizes
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Cunobelin wrote:The "ultimate" idlers are the Terracycle ones through Icletta

However home made can be easy....

If you have the engineering skills then cutting a track on a skate board wheel is adequate, otherwise there are commercial ones available in all sorts of sizes

Thanks, Conobelin.
I've seen the price of the Terracycle ones.....ouch!
I've seen descriptions of how to make your own from skate board wheels, and had decided to do this.
But, on seeing the ones on the photo (which look commercially made), I was wondering about the source. Perhaps I'd better get googling.
Indeboat

Post by Indeboat »

Morning All and thanks for the comments. :D
The idlers are from ebay , item number 161037946598. £8.25 each free delivery.other sizes are available.
90mm Round Grove-nylon pulley C90-10B,as received they are a bit heavy and i took some off the sides and drilled a few holes in them.
They run extremely well and very quite.
Richard
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Thanks, Richard. I'll certainly have a look.