Tandem trike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
DaveP

Tandem trike

Post by DaveP »

Just a heads up. One for sale on Tandem CLUB SITE.
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
[XAP]Bob

Re: Tandem trike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Linky
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

I wasn't sure how far it was appropriate to go, outside the Sales area
Try this: https://tandem-club.org.uk/files/public ... orsale.htm
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

Very tempting at that price it's a pity I don't have anyone to share it with and that my wife will be severely displeased with me if I were to get it. If anyone in the Southampton area wants to share it with me and has space for it that would work.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Not local but same th king here

I've emailed...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Joe.B

Post by Joe.B »

Mrs B spotted it, telephoned, and paid for it a couple of hours ago :D

Its going to be a few weeks before we get to play with it, I'm about to go away to sea for a few weeks so I won't be able to take a trip down south to collect until I'm home again.

Not to sure yet how we'll use the trike, its going to be great for me and Vanessa but most of the time we'll still be out with one or both kids.

I have quite a bit of time away at sea to deal with this year the new trike might not get as much use as we would like. Its looking very likely that I will be home on leave at the right time for the Tandem Club National rally and the York rally so hopefully we'll have the tandem trike in use at those events. If so I suspect Vanessa and our daughter will be on the recumbent tandem and me and the lad will be on the regular tandem.

The daughter and I are planning either a C2C or an Edinburgh to Newcastle ride while I'm off in the Spring as well, I think that ride might be on this new trike now :)
Joe.B

Post by Joe.B »

Its just occurred to me that this trike is going eat front tyres.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Don't worry, I'll take it off your hands. I've got plenty of tyres...
Joe.B

Post by Joe.B »

I don't think Mrs B is ever going to let go of this one.

I've always liked the look of the Nazca Quetzal 26 but Mrs B is definitely happier on three wheels.

Something is going to have to go before long though, the garage is getting a bit cluttered. Maybe the BuddyBike tandem if the new trike results in it not getting enough use.
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

I didn't think it would hang around long at the asking price - I hope you and your wife enjoy it, you have doubtless saved me from some awkward conversations with my wife. ;-)
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

Joe.B wrote:Its just occurred to me that this trike is going eat front tyres.

On my single bent trike I've found that the front tyre wear is mostly dependent on how good the tracking is.
If it's spot on and you don't corner at silly speeds, then they hardly wear.
I use Marathon Supremes (42-406) on the front of my trike and they are half worn at close to 8,000 miles.
hercule

Post by hercule »

I was ready to jump at it (even though I'm at the other end of the country), but Mrs H poured lots of cold water on the idea. We still do have an upright tandem so all is not lost. It was a very good price, I don't think you will have any cause to regret that purchase, Joe!
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Can I just say thank you for buying this

It has saved my bank account!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Are you sure you still want it?
Joe.B

Post by Joe.B »

Cunobelin wrote:Can I just say thank you for buying this

It has saved my bank account!

I've just got to figure out how I'll now pay the builder for the new wall I'm soon to have built :?