Mildenhall

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
jayjay

Mildenhall

Post by jayjay »

Was that any of "us" in the Mildenhall pictures on a (Adventure?) trike?
Built f' comfort.
jayjay

Re: Mildenhall

Post by jayjay »

Ah he's a fellow from a ways south of me, and frequents another forum. Mayhap we'll meet next August.
Built f' comfort.
notme2

Post by notme2 »

what was mildenhall
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

The http://www.mildenhallrally.org.uk/startpage.htm rally, August bank holiday. It may relocate next year. There were one or two recumbents, and Dtek in attendance; not surprising as his place is very close by.
Sorry to puzzle you, I had a bit of a dull brain cell moment and didn't explain the reference :oops:
Built f' comfort.
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

jayjay wrote:Ah he's a fellow from a ways south of me, and frequents another forum. Mayhap we'll meet next August.

It's cycleman. He frequents the rally every year.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Hello all,
I'm local to Mildenhall and this past year was my first time going to the Rally. There was a small contingent of recumbent riders probably 5 or 6. The weather wasn't perfect this past year so I think it may have put some people off. If memory serves right I lead 2 or 3 recumbents and about 12 DF's out to Risby and back to Mildenhall. Hoping to see more recumbents this year. I made a video of our ride. Anyway, I hope all interested come out I met a fantastic group of people last year and made some new friends, and there's always room for more.

http://youtu.be/8fyOSVz41s8
Last edited by cookie32 on 24 Jan 2015, 6:12am, edited 1 time in total.
Only dead men have seen the end of wars

Pashley PDQ, Performer 922
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

I shall do my best to be there this year :D
Built f' comfort.
davyboy

Post by davyboy »

Hi as a member of the Mildenhall cycling club I hope to see you there.I have just assembled my first trike a Performer X. Took my first ride this week.A very happy bunny.
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

davyboy wrote:Hi as a member of the Mildenhall cycling club I hope to see you there.I have just assembled my first trike a Performer X. Took my first ride this week.A very happy bunny.

Let me you if you want to go for a ride sometime?

hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

If there's room for another, I'd be keen to join you on a local ride with my Performer JC70 ?
I rode to the Mildenhall Rally a couple of years ago, with my two daughters (one on a Saracen Tufftrax, the other on a Kett), and chatted to Kevin, and Mark (IIRC - who had triked up from Surrey ?), but couldn't go last year.
I'm south of Newmarket, but often get up to Tuddenham early on a Sunday, and would happily detour for a local "greasy spoon" if coffee and bacon sandwiches are available (wouldn't mind betting it's locally sourced bacon too, judging from the farmland on the road from Cavenham to Mildenhall).
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

I'm up for a ride this Sunday if you guys are interested? The weather looks cold, which is to be expected but clear out. Not sure what's the best meeting place. I Live in Mildenhall, but I'm happy to ride out a few miles for a meet up.

hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

This Sunday morning would be good for me; I'm OK if it's cold, but would shy off if there's snow. Angel's Cafe in Mildenhall get's good reviews, and looks to be open on a Sunday morning - do you know it ?
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

Angels Cafe works for me, I know the owners. How far a ride would you like to go for? I know quite a few good routes. I managed to squeeze 3900 miles out of my homebuilt last year.

hoarder

Post by hoarder »

I'd be up for 20-30 miles - my average is 9-10 mph over that distance. North, East or West of Mildenhall route would be interesting - you may be familiar with some of my route up to you, as it makes use of the limited safe crossings over the A14/ A11. http://goo.gl/maps/6qGjx
cookie32

Post by cookie32 »

I see where your coming from now. I'm happy to ride out and meet you at the gas station at the back side of Kentford and we can push out from the where ever you like. I live less than a mile from Angels Cafe, it doesn't seem fair for you to ride that far. I've got the A14 covered. I know all the safe crossings from 5 ways up to Newmarket. are you on Facebook? I'm on a page called Post your Recumbent Pics lots of nice recumbent riders. I'm happy to go any distance. Far as pace I'm a 13 to 14.5 mph rider when it's warm. I slow down to 10 to 12 mph when it's cold like it is now. Im happy to go for a ride whenever long as it isn't raining or snowing.