Any 'bent riders in the Cotswolds

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Geoff.D

Any 'bent riders in the Cotswolds

Post by Geoff.D »

I'm recently retired and ride both a 'bent bike and trike in the Cotswolds. It's a leisure activity for me, not sporting. I've recently been thinking of ways to enhance the pleasure, rather than simply riding solo around the lanes. One suggestion put to me was to see if there are any other riders out there ('bent or upright) who might want to meet up occasionally.
I remember that Bob -aka (XAP)Bob, on this forum - used to organise informal get-togethers at Draycote Water further north. But, I'm thinking more along the lines of meeting up with an individual(s) for mid-week rides. Or, depending on our locations, of identifying suitable meeting points (coffee shop/cafe/pub) at which to rendezvous for an hour or so.
I've no fixed vision of how it might work, simply the aspiration to share a love of cycling, enjoy a good conversation and enhance my riding. Any thoughts?
[XAP]Bob

Re: Any 'bent riders in the Cotswolds

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Used to?

I will again, although life has gone a bit mental at the moment.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Used to?

No offence meant, Bob. I know you put a lot into sorting those meets.
neil earley

Post by neil earley »

I,m in Swansea bit far from you but should you venture this way , drop me a PM I ride a Toxy ZR haven't seen any recumbent s down here.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Geoff.D wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:Used to?

No offence meant, Bob. I know you put a lot into sorting those meets.

Nah - you've just reminded me that I haven't set one up recently.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

neil earley wrote:I,m in Swansea bit far from you but should you venture this way , drop me a PM I ride a Toxy ZR haven't seen any recumbent s down here.

Thanks for the response, Neil. I'll bear it in mind