JOGLE Videos

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
colclimber

JOGLE Videos

Post by colclimber »

Hi,
I did the the tour at the end of June 2009, and managed to raise some money for the Wishaw General Hospital Medical Day Unit and Chemotherapy Clinic, where my dad was being treated.
I was thoroughly enjoying the experience up until the end of day 6, when I began to get knee cap pain, which slowed me down a lot. I would've liked to have taken more photos and videos, but because of the knee, I was too intent on getting to my next B&B, and finishing the tour. The knee injury put paid to my racing season, but I'm glad I did it, and have some good memories of the tour. My Jogle videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/coltourer#p/u/8/wwx27MnrnLo
Last edited by colclimber on 29 Dec 2009, 1:16am, edited 1 time in total.
toejam

Re: JOGLE Videos

Post by toejam »

Brilliant vid... Really enjoyed it.. Did you book accomdation in advance.. And did you use paper map or satnav.. Anyway congrats on finishing it with a dodgy knee... I cannot wait to do this.
colclimber

Post by colclimber »

Thanks, Toejam. Yes, I booked my B&B in advance. I didn't fancy looking for accommodation after a long day in the saddle. I used the excellent Garmin Etex Legend hcx, and a smart phone with maps, as a backup. The only time I got lost was when I tried to follow the sustrans routes through Inverness and Edinburgh.
Good luck with your tour.
Flash 72

Post by Flash 72 »

great videos I have watched the two and I'am going to watch some more tommorow. Out of curiosity what camera did you use
Happiness is only real when shared
fossil

Post by fossil »

well done , great vid of day 1 , willl watch the rest tomorrow :D

what kind of mount did you use ?

and what mapping software did you use on the Etrex , i've got one for my LEJOG this year and have so far found BikeHike the only one that works , i make Track's and have to reduce the point count

any tip's you can forward would be most welcome :D :D
colclimber

Post by colclimber »

Thanks, Flash72 and Fossil.

The camera is a Casio EX-Z75. On my next tour, I might try one of the waterproof cameras like the Fujifilm Finepix Z33WP.

I made the camera mount using an old bike light mount, the adapter from a cheap camera tripod, bolt, spacer, and a wing nut. To reduce some of the vibration, I glued the bolt to the camera, it's probably not recommended if it's an expensive camera, and you need to be careful when screwing the bolt into the camera. I managed to gently ease the bolt off after the tour. I'll upload a picture of the mount later.

The software I used to transfer my routes from the pc to the Etrex, was Garman's MapSource, it's a bit basic, but it did the job okay.
colclimber

Post by colclimber »

DIY camera mount.