Looking for 3 Recumbent Riders to set new LEJOG record.

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
pq

Re: Looking for 3 Recumbent Riders to set new LEJOG record.

Post by pq »

In that sense, with a bit of creativity, all LEJOG rides are world records, because no-one will have done the ride precisely as you have done it.

This sounds like a fun project and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I just have a bit of a problem with record attempts which don't take speed seriously. You've decided this is just a bit of fun, so I'd leave it at that. Leave the record attempts to the guys who take that kind of thing seriously.
One link to your website is enough. G
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

pq wrote:I just have a bit of a problem with record attempts which don't take speed seriously. You've decided this is just a bit of fun, so I'd leave it at that. Leave the record attempts to the guys who take that kind of thing seriously.

i don't - if there's no time set for four people on a quadrocycle, then doing it in 2 months is setting a record.
the guinness book is entirely full of people who've beaten others who aren't as good as the current people; who in turn just did something for the sake of doing it.
at what point would it become a serious record attempt? if the team beat 7 days, or 5, or 3, or 2? :? ?
rmware

Post by rmware »

The reason wanted to go for the record, was so i got more publicity for the attempt. This is a great opportunity to advertise alternative transport solutions. This machine is no raleight chopper, it's the future. When I was touring in Germany, this think flew past me, I was doing 18mph and the 4 people on it were all wearing suits, going to work.

This is an amazing machine and a LeJog is a great opportunity to showcase that, Alternative records has confirmed there is a record to be had. So whats the point in not claiming it. Escpecially if it will help advertise the attempt, hopefully raising more money for charity.
neilc

Post by neilc »

Well if you get a world lejog quadracycle record, perhaps we will have to beat it in a racing quadracycle

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/building-a-quad.aspx

Neil
WillRowe

Post by WillRowe »

Did anything ever come of this?
------------------------------------------
"The upside to every hill is that there is a downside..."

You can read my blogs at: http://heavenandhellin13days-afatboysjogle.blogspot.com and http://travelswiththemanlysteed.blogspot.com
rmware

LeJog Quadricycle Record Attempt! Riders Needed.

Post by rmware »

Hi,
We're are currently planning to set a record for a LeJog by quadricycle. The LeJog will take place in late summer 2010, probably September. We currently have 3 riders, me, Andy Allsop and Tom Deakins, I'm sure you've heard of the latter 2, because of this we're going for a 100 hour attempt. QuattroCycle are sponsoring the attempt and will be providing the unique vehicle. Each rider has their own 7 gears and freewheel, trust me if you value your legs you don't want to be riding tandem with Tom or Andy.

If we can get 3 more riders, we have the possibility of rotating riders every few hours, 2 riders resting in the support vehicle whilst 4 ride the quad. So if anyone is interested in joining the attempt, feel free to contact me at russellmware@googlemail.com or pm me. You don't have to be super fit, but we are going for a 100 hour LeJog so it is going to require alot of training beforehand.

We also need a support driver, even better if he/she knew a bit of basic bike mechanics.

Cheers
Russell

<mod: repeat topics merged>