JOGLE next summer, early thoughts...

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
robgul

Re: JOGLE next summer, early thoughts...

Post by robgul »

Take a look at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk for loads of resources

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
AlGibson

Post by AlGibson »

Bottom Gear. Are you still planning the JOGLE for this summer? If so, I might bump into you. I'm hoping to start from the top arounmd the last week in May. I was also thinking about looping through Kintyre and Arran. How's the preparation going? Alan
BottomGear

Post by BottomGear »

AlGibson wrote:Bottom Gear. Are you still planning the JOGLE for this summer? If so, I might bump into you. I'm hoping to start from the top arounmd the last week in May. I was also thinking about looping through Kintyre and Arran. How's the preparation going? Alan

Hi Al. The prep is going quite well, and after a house move, I'm now back on track with my usual weekly mileage. I had originally intended on mostly camping, but its ended up split 50-50 between B&B/Hostel and under canvas, but I'm not complaining. :D I'm kicking off early June and can't wait. How's your planning going? Rich.
BottomGear

Post by BottomGear »

It's all getting a little more real now the rail tickets have arrived. :D
denniswpearce

Post by denniswpearce »

Also going early June, 5th to be precise, but going with an organised group. Might see you depending on route
AlGibson

Post by AlGibson »

Hi Rich.

Time is rushing on and I my training is not what it should be. I get distracted by ordering gear! I haven't done touring since the first time I did JOGLE, and that was over 50 years ago! My start day is May 23, pedalling up from Wick that morning. Then I'll be heading off for Kintyre and over to Arran, to meet my brothers holidaying there.
Keep in touch by email maybe? algibson007@sky.com
BottomGear

Post by BottomGear »

AlGibson wrote:Hi Rich.

Time is rushing on and I my training is not what it should be. I get distracted by ordering gear! I haven't done touring since the first time I did JOGLE, and that was over 50 years ago! My start day is May 23, pedalling up from Wick that morning. Then I'll be heading off for Kintyre and over to Arran, to meet my brothers holidaying there.
Keep in touch by email maybe? algibson007@sky.com

Hi Alan, email sent..

Rich.
hilloverthehill

Post by hilloverthehill »

Hi I did a JOGLE last November, camping most of the time and going off-road and backroads wherever possible. From JOGs I took minor roads and forestry tracks to Forsinard, the Great Glen Way and a wonderful cycle path from Ballachulish to near Oban before getting the ferry to Arran. There's heaps of cycle tracks and off-road quite doable on a road tourer. My blog's at http://hilloverthehill.blogspot.co.uk if you want to check it out. Have a great ride!
BottomGear

Post by BottomGear »

hilloverthehill wrote:Hi I did a JOGLE last November, camping most of the time and going off-road and backroads wherever possible. From JOGs I took minor roads and forestry tracks to Forsinard, the Great Glen Way and a wonderful cycle path from Ballachulish to near Oban before getting the ferry to Arran. There's heaps of cycle tracks and off-road quite doable on a road tourer. My blog's at http://hilloverthehill.blogspot.co.uk if you want to check it out. Have a great ride!

Just read your blog, so thanks for sharing your own journey (surely 12 punctures is some kind of record?!)