My JOGLE steed taking shape....

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
AaronR

My JOGLE steed taking shape....

Post by AaronR »

Slowly shaping up - underneath all the bits I've added is a 97/98 Specialized Rockhopper which the previous owner had covered (in his own words, and see no reason to doubt him) 110 miles, set me back a whopping £60 plus the diesel to collect it

Added SPD pedals, saddle, lights, computer rack pack and rear panniers from my bits bin - had to cough up real money for pannier frames, bottle cages, bar bag is there because of the generosity of Loafer on this very forum, and there is a pair of Altura panniers for the front on their way, along with a stem riser

Just fitted 'new' tyres to it, a pair of Scwhalbe M+ courtesy of ebay for a miserly £11.50 - they've been broken in, but should do me for the next few months commuting and my JOGLE trip

It now owes me about £335, work pays me 20p per mile if I use it for business mileage, so I'd best get pedalling

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21583957@N05/15087598906/
Spinners

Re: My JOGLE steed taking shape....

Post by Spinners »

Sweet! I was an MTB'er in the early-mid 90's and love the non-sus looks of classics like your Rockhopper.

When does your JOGLE start?
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Si

Post by Si »

Nice. Very similar to the bike that I did LEJoG on years ago. For doing distances I'd recommend adding some bar ends to it, and when the weather turns you might be glad of some mud guards too!
AaronR

Post by AaronR »

Bar ends are in a bag ready to fit - just need to do some research on grips so I can do both at the same time, currently stuck between cork and foam grips

I'm leaving Southampton for JoG on 1/5/15, arriving JoG 2/5, departing from there early doors 3/5, so loads of time to prepare and break bike in :D