Help- Accommodation in/near Moffat

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Eb570

Help- Accommodation in/near Moffat

Post by Eb570 »

Hi all,

A friend and I are planning on cycling LEJOG over 2 weeks, and we've route planned so we can stay with friends some of the way. Because of this our route is taking us from Penrith, to Moffat, to Glasgow. However, short of a relatively expensive B&B (£60 for two) we are struggling to find suitable, cheap accommodation in the Moffat area - all campsites in the area do not offer tents for rent and naturally we don't want to carry one! So I was just wondering - anyone know of any good spots to stay in the area? Ideally we want to stay quite close to Moffat to avoid an extremely long day either on the way in or out! Any advice or ideas would be very very much appreciated! Thanks in advance
RickH

Re: Help- Accommodation in/near Moffat

Post by RickH »

Mrs H & I stayed in Moffat at the Star Hotel a few years back. It is (was) fairly basic but pleasant enough. I can't remember what we paid then but they state "Prices from only £50 per room" on their website so may (or may not) be slightly cheaper. They may be worth a try.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

This is ten miles before Moffat on your route. It is becoming popular with cyclists. The food is home from home not pretentious. The steak pie is excellent. http://www.lockerbielorrypark.co.uk/ £35 for Dbl/twin and £20 for a single.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
loafer

Post by loafer »

irc

Post by irc »

I stayed here a few years ago. Seemed reasonable at the time. Their website currently says from £35

http://www.rockhillmoffat.co.uk/
toontra

Post by toontra »

I've stayed here a few times - http://www.seamorehouse.co.uk

In the centre of Moffat so handy for the shops, fish & chips, etc!
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

I'm booked in at the Bonnington in Moffat Never stayed there before so cant say but it was reasonably priced.

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

ferrit worrier wrote:I'm booked in at the Bonnington in Moffat Never stayed there before so cant say but it was reasonably priced.

Malc

If Paul Ramsden is looking after you then you'll leave with a smile in the morning :)

E2E info
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Paulatic wrote:
ferrit worrier wrote:I'm booked in at the Bonnington in Moffat Never stayed there before so cant say but it was reasonably priced.

Malc

If Paul Ramsden is looking after you then you'll leave with a smile in the morning :)

That's nice to know Thanks :D It's always touch and go when you book B&B's that you don't know, I'd planned to stay at Tara's B&B in Lockerbie but it's closed now. :(

cheers

Malc
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Just trying to clarify; £60 for 2 so presumably not each? So prices quoted on here in the region of £30-£35 are in the same ballpark. Sounds like the £60 for 2 is not unreasonable and around the sort of price I would normally pay for B&B.

Have you tried booking sites such as Lastminute.com.... often some reasonable bargains on those type of sites.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Eb570

Post by Eb570 »

Thanks so much for this everyone - been out of internet communication for a while but these options look great. I think we'll go for the Lockerbie Lorry Park one as £35 for two is significantly cheaper than £60 and the location is perfect for us a but thanks for all the suggestions!
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Eb570 wrote:Thanks so much for this everyone - been out of internet communication for a while but these options look great. I think we'll go for the Lockerbie Lorry Park one as £35 for two is significantly cheaper than £60 and the location is perfect for us a but thanks for all the suggestions!

Don't forget to report back on your visit. :idea:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Eb570

Post by Eb570 »

cycleruk wrote:
Eb570 wrote:Thanks so much for this everyone - been out of internet communication for a while but these options look great. I think we'll go for the Lockerbie Lorry Park one as £35 for two is significantly cheaper than £60 and the location is perfect for us a but thanks for all the suggestions!

Don't forget to report back on your visit. :idea:

Of course! :)
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

ferrit worrier wrote:
Paulatic wrote:

Malc

That's nice to know Thanks :D It's always touch and go when you book B&B's that you don't know, I'd planned to stay at Tara's B&B in Lockerbie but it's closed now. :(

cheers

Malc

Paulatic,

You weren't wrong were you :lol: >>>>>>> :D :D :D
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Eeeeeee nooooo [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

E2E info