David Hinde

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Tonyf33

Re: David Hinde

Post by Tonyf33 »

you should have sent them a recorded delivery letter with your intentions regarding refund or producing goods probably about early December with threat of police because actually it is fraud. You paid you didn't receive goods or suitable response so it's fraud. Report to trading stds and police NOW. If no result through them then send a recorded delivery letter pointing out they have 7 days to refund you the money then you make a claim through the local courts which they would have had to pay your costs when they lose for defaulting the contract.
https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview
nicmarsh

Post by nicmarsh »

Ordered a hand built rear wheel from hinde last year; BIG MISTAKE!! After a long wait received a number of excuses before cancelled order and then took a long time to get a refund. Call the shop number and you have to just keep at it. They will certainly not be helpful, in fact they are extremely unhelpful and a shop to be avoided at all costs
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

My one and only experience was disappointing. Bought some wheels from Hinde via eBay in 2007 and then used them in a 200km audax where they went wildly out of true from about half-way around. A good local wheelbuilder got them back into shape and they were fine after that but I'll certainly never use Hinde again.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

I am amazed people still deal with this company considering the amount of complaints about them on this and other forums.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
hondated

Post by hondated »

Wow that's some condemnation . I am surprised DH has not posted a defence.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

hondated wrote:Wow that's some condemnation . I am surprised DH has not posted a defence.

Probably because they don't have a defence...
tomcord

Post by tomcord »

So
I am fuming about Dave Hinde. I ordered some wheels from him 3 years ago, turned up the week after, very good, no issues.

I ordered more from him Xmas 2014, not in any real rush for them. Nothing turned up after 4 weeks, sent an e mail, no reply, rang them, got told to e mail. Since then I have had endless e mails with James, and phone calls with Howard, both unbelievably rude, just tell me to ring the warehouse,(but there is no number for a warehouse), e mail the shop, ring back the next day. Every day for the last two weeks I have rung them and been told they will ring me back, and nothing. I have asked for a refund, told I need to chase the courier as they were delivered, without them telling me who the courier is or being given a tracking number etc. etc, etc.

Howard must be the rudest person I have ever dealt with. How are these guys in business? If it was not such a long drive I would turn up at the shop, xxxxxxxx on the floor and yyyyyyyyy Howard on the nose.

I have been told they have refunded my cash, but they cant show me any evidence of that (do they not have computers with screen grabs etc?) and I will just have to wait for it to arrive, told it could be a few weeks cos of the easter bank holiday? What a bunch of zzzzzzzzzzzzzs . . . . fuming I am, fuming........
Last edited by Graham on 2 Apr 2015, 8:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: smoothed some rough edges.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

The greatest mystery about this shop is how the bloody hell does it stay in business?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Well he certainly seems able to build frames if this article is anything to go by. He seems to suffer from the male equivalent of resting bitch face though

http://www.davehinde.com/thegazette/cyc ... tom-frame/
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Maybe mr hinde has big adverts in this cycling publication?