JE JAMES

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
DR CHARLIE

JE JAMES

Post by DR CHARLIE »

I ordered a pair of Panaracer Fire XC tyres from JE JAMES on tuesday, really cheap price too, £15 each!

I then went online and found lots of people ranting about the poor quality of the service that they had recieved from the shop and how bad they were with mail order from the internet. I rang them concerned the next day, and a chap called Shaun admitted that they were trying to resolve a few problems but that they were getting there. He was very polite, extremely helpful and promised to call me back within an hour.

One hour later, he rang and confirmed that my tyres had been dispatched and would be with me soon. I received them the next day and they are exactly what I wanted (not OCM fake tyres - real folding Panaracers made in Japan)...

I logged onto this forum for the sole intent to give JE JAMES a good review cause I think that they deserved it. I would definiately order from them again...

Nuff said - happy trails...
toontra

Re: JE JAMES

Post by toontra »

I've used them for years and never had any problems. As you say, it's always possible to phone them to discuss issues, unlike many online stores.
nosmo king

Post by nosmo king »

I've used JE James a few times and have never had a problem. Delivery has been quick and quality of both goods and service top notch.The same can be said for Spa Cycles,Chain Reaction and Wiggle.
simonp

Post by simonp »

Just to balance things out a bit....

I've found the staff in Sheffield to be very helpful, particularly Jamie & Chris. They offer a very efficient service and can usually carry out small jobs while you wait without having to pre-book. I think there's a tendency for threads like these to attract people who've had bad experiences, rather than satisfied customers, so it tends to give a polarised view.

Cheers
meic

Post by meic »

On the other hand there is a tendency for JE James to attract posts from one post only new members singing its praises.
and leaving straight afterwards.

Any shop that can inspire its customers into acting this way must be truly fantastic.
I shall be ordering off them soon myself. 8)
Yma o Hyd
simonp

Post by simonp »

Hi Meic,

I was responding to the other thread where they're getting a slating, but somehow it ended up on here. These were just my experiences, added to a post about peoples' experiences of actually using them. What has your experience been then?
Cheers
mike

Post by mike »

I've used JEJAMES and nothing but excellent service.
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

They're so slow..........

Good to see 'fans' signing up to this forum especially to rate them though! :wink:

Its not the first time I've noticed this though (eg All Terrain cycles was another classic with the the person defending them quickly disappearing again!).
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
meic

Post by meic »

"What has your experience been then?"

Order placed 2 weeks ago.

Still waiting but I am in no hurry. 8)
Yma o Hyd
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Have always been OK to deal with, but their stock control / reporting system seems a bit flakey :wink:
"42"
meic

Post by meic »

Order placed 3 weeks ago.

I am still waiting.

Still in no hurry though. 8)
Yma o Hyd
meic

Post by meic »

simonp wrote:Hi Meic,

I was responding to the other thread where they're getting a slating, but somehow it ended up on here. These were just my experiences, added to a post about peoples' experiences of actually using them. What has your experience been then?
Cheers

Four weeks since I placed my order, still nothing heard.
Should I be worried it is lost in the post by now, or is this normal?
Yma o Hyd
meic

Post by meic »

So after waiting a calender month, I decided to send a query about the chains I had ordered.
I got the following reply without any delay.

"Hi, unfortunately we are out of stock of this item. Your order has been cancelled and all money returned. Apologies for not informing you sooner.
We have recently undergone a warehouse move and there have been many stock errors and misplaced items."
Yma o Hyd
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

meic wrote:So after waiting a calender month, I decided to send a query about the chains I had ordered.
I got the following reply without any delay.

"Hi, unfortunately we are out of stock of this item. Your order has been cancelled and all money returned. Apologies for not informing you sooner.
We have recently undergone a warehouse move and there have been many stock errors and misplaced items."

Time to order from these people:- http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/bicycle-chains/ quick cheap and no postage costs :)

PS Check their prices for mutlple purchases :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
meic

Post by meic »

Thanks but they are cheaper elsewhere. Unfortunately no longer as cheap as they were when I placed this order.
To add to the "indirect losses". I did check before ordering and JEJames DIDNT include the split links, which they did tell me when I checked with them. So I now have a little pile of SRAM Gold links that I bought in anticipation.
Yma o Hyd