Ay-Up Lights

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Neil Fat Man On A Bike

Re: Ay-Up Lights

Post by Neil Fat Man On A Bike »

Just thought I'd do a little update on the Ay Ups now that they are 18 months old.
They are still superb.
Battery life does not seem to have altered at all (still really good).
I think they are outstanding. I use them on the road bike, on the mountain bike, walking the dogs and when working.
Infact they still look like new despite 18 months of wear and even having worn them quite a bit while cutting stone slabs with a chop saw.
The only negative.......forgetting you have them on when talking to someone..... :shock: blinded by the lights ....oops sorry.

For the amount of use these kiddies get I think this has been one of the best cycling related purchases I've made.
To summerise....OUTSTANDING !
workhard

Post by workhard »

^^ I'll second that.
mikeitup

Post by mikeitup »

Neil Fat Man On A Bike wrote:Just thought I'd do a little update on the Ay Ups now that they are 18 months old.
They are still superb.
Battery life does not seem to have altered at all (still really good).
I think they are outstanding. I use them on the road bike, on the mountain bike, walking the dogs and when working.
Infact they still look like new despite 18 months of wear and even having worn them quite a bit while cutting stone slabs with a chop saw.
The only negative.......forgetting you have them on when talking to someone..... :shock: blinded by the lights ....oops sorry.

For the amount of use these kiddies get I think this has been one of the best cycling related purchases I've made.
To summerise....OUTSTANDING !

+1 8)
Sorry mikeitup. The sig just had to go. The forum staff are revolting ! Graham
Neil Fat Man On A Bike

Post by Neil Fat Man On A Bike »

My Ay-Ups are over 2 years old now.
Can't say that I have noticed any change in performance, the batteries are still good, charging times and running times appear to be just the same as when they were new.
There are no obviouse signs of any degredation in any of the materials used in their construction (despite the abuse and neglect they get treated with).

Still probably the best cycling related purchase i have made.

Outstanding build quality, superb lights.
Steve Kish

Re:

Post by Steve Kish »

georgew wrote:£249 for the MTB kit!!!!!

Is it me or are we all going mad? I'm sure these are bright and do a good job but where does this stop? Surely some perspective is needed here.

FWIW, the Ay Up lights at this kind of price are great. They are stupidly lightweight and small, give a very good output of light and have a battery system that gives good results.

Unfortunately, although my set-up is a bit more powerful, it did cost nearly £700 .... and that's for only the front!! Having said that, 30mph descents off-road are not a problem.

In short, you get what you pay for.
Old enough to know better but too young to care.
Reigncloud

Post by Reigncloud »

These are surely the best value for money bike lights around. Mine are now 3.5 years old and still working like a charm. The service of the manurfacturers in Australia is also second to none.

Highly recommneded.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Re-animating this thread, are these still the ones to beat on the light:weight:cash ratios, or has a new contender come onto the scene in the last year?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.