Spa Cycles (Harrogate)

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Vetus Ossa

Re: Spa Cycles (Harrogate)

Post by Vetus Ossa »

Spa Cycles get a big thumbs up from me. Ordered a triple chainset yesterday by phone, the person I spoke to was very helpful and gave me some advice regarding better cranks which I took and am very pleased I did. The chainset was in my hands 24 hours later, and considering it had none standard rings I imagine someone had to build it up. Well done Spa :D
Beauty will save the world.
Bowedw

Post by Bowedw »

Cannot praise Spa Cycles enough as they provide components etc. for the down to earth cyclist. I would be lost without their Stronglight and Carradice range to name but a few and their own cranks range from 160mm size up is excellent value.
I also have a set of superb wheels built by them but bought from the ctc site.
Delivery period varies from good to excellent, being mean I try to spend over £50 for free delivery and to receive items on 24 hour delivery without paying for it is as good as it gets.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

You can buy Carradice direct from Carradice.....
http://www.carradice.co.uk/
Boyseys Mum

Post by Boyseys Mum »

I bought a saddlebag and bracket from them and the assistant took his time in ensuring it was exactly the right bag and bracket for the bike. I tried a few on and he was really patient and fitted the bracket for me.I wasnt rushed or anything. I would definately return to the shop.
daddig

spa cycles

Post by daddig »

An accolade for excellent service, over and way above anything I would regard from any company.
My Spa Leather Saddle recently broke, well after any warranty period.
Their response was immediate and unexpected, a free replacement in the post within days!
A massive thanks for exceptional service!
Mike G
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

I've spent a lot of money with Spa Cycles recently....various orders, big stuff/small stuff including two pairs of their wheels....

Dead easy to deal with, good prices, quick delivery....Zero issues......

Cheers Spa.... :wink:
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

Where else are you going to get 110 BCD outer chainrings made from 7075... for under £20 posted?

Every single Shimano one is a 130 BCD these days from what I can tell.

Spa can be a godsend with certain items.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
niggle

Post by niggle »

Placed an order for ~£80 worth of stuff on the evening of 20th April and received two automated confirmation emails immediately after, then nothing until I emailled them on the morning of the 28th- they then replied apologetically saying that an item was out of stock but should be with them in a few days (Exal LX17 36h rim in silver).

I do really like a lot of their unique product lines, e.g. the superb chainsets, and I appreciate this may be a busy time for them, but it would help if they could keep customers informed with e.g. an update re any problems within a day or two of the order, without needing to be chased. Certainly not enough of an issue to put me off future orders though...
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Happened to me too.
I had to chase them up, and then received an apology and was told the item was out of stock.
It turned up in the end, but I would have liked to have been informed about my order even if it was an automatic system.
Mick F. Cornwall
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Mick F wrote:............... I would have liked to have been informed about my order even if it was an automatic system.

SYSTEM?.............the orders clerk had dropped his crayon.......... :lol:
Jezrant

Post by Jezrant »

Do they take the customer's money when the order is placed or when the item is dispatched?
georgew

Post by georgew »

Jezrant wrote:Do they take the customer's money when the order is placed or when the item is dispatched?

Having dealt with them for over forty years, I've often been told that they would post my item that day and to just pop a cheque in the post.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

georgew wrote:
Jezrant wrote:Do they take the customer's money when the order is placed or when the item is dispatched?

Having dealt with them for over forty years, I've often been told that they would post my item that day and to just pop a cheque in the post.

My first order 20+ years ago....
"Send back what you don't want and put a cheque in for what you keep"
You wouldn't get that now I'll bet. [emoji3]
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
531colin

Post by 531colin »

In general, its by card on (or about) dispatch.

georgew wrote:...Having dealt with them for over forty years, I've often been told that they would post my item that day and to just pop a cheque in the post.

Yes, you can still do that when its a cyclist ordering transmission parts to get his bike on the road (particularly if its an old customer)

....but when somebody rings up wanting to buy 2 top-dollar chainsets which would sell very nicely on fleabay, and he wants to use his friend's credit card as one chainset is for his friend, it pays to be a mite cautious....
Jezrant

Post by Jezrant »

Thanks for clarifying that point Colin. I've always done all of my business with them directly in the shop so have never had to deal with the issue, but for others buying online it's good to know that they only debit the customer's card at the time of despatch. I should have checked the T&C before posting the query. :oops: