Parcel Services

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Michael

Parcel Services

Post by Michael »

I booked a parcel to be sent to the United States via Parcels2go. It was a load of books and magazines about disabled cycling and various types of bikes, tandems and tricycles which are suitable or can be adapted. This company failed to collect the parcel, waited in for 12 hours! Horrible experience dealing with them and they will not issue a full refund. Anyone else had similar problems with them or is this just a one off?
simonineaston

Re: Parcel Services

Post by simonineaston »

As far as I know, Parcels2Go is just a broker - when you booked the job, you would have picked the best quote and in so doing, you chose one particular courier. I don't know how much Parcels2Go have got to do with pursuing a complaint. Not much, I expect.
You have my sympathy - it's very frustrating staying in all day for nothing... :(
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Michael

Post by Michael »

Yes thats the problem you are 100% correct just a broker or agent but surely my contract for the service is with them. They are not very helpful and if you pay via PayPal if you do manage to get a refund they deduct fees, so less money than you paid, no collection and a 12 hour wait for a no show.
Royal Mail or ParcelForce are much better. Mick
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

(Hard-pressed) couriers often don't get good press here - lots of threads describing lots of quibbles... I had a bit of a fiasco recently with items delivered from a well-known builders merchants. After 3 no-shows, when the stuff did eventuality turn up, the bloke couldn't/wouldn't reverse down my cul-de-sac and roped me into humping the stuff down from the main road! :lol:
Me - "Sack truck, mate?"
Him - "They don't give us one..."!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
grani

Post by grani »

I use parcel2go regularly and have found them very reliable but they will only be as reliable as the carrier you pick at the time of booking.

I have generally used UPS or ParcelForce when booking through parcel2go and have never had any trouble. If there is a problem with the shipment you should contact the carrier to try to resolve it.

I suspect you are right in that parcel2go are not going to be particularly helpful when trying to cancel.

They do usually get a good collection of quotes though.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Got a full refund and has now been sent via ParcelForce. My club mates have used Parcels2go before and they have had no troubles, perhaps this was a one off unlucky incident and the carrier they used failed them badly.