Carradice Slim SQR

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
[XAP]Bob

Carradice Slim SQR

Post by [XAP]Bob »

First ride out with it on today.

I was very impressed - the SQR block is absolutely solid - the bag didn't move at all. I could feel that there was some weight high up, but it was stable relative to the bike and caused no issue..

The bag was completely clear of my thighs, except when I put a foot on the ground when it just touched.

I didn't load it heavily - tools, pump, laptop etc...
The laptop (and sundry electronics) got popped in a sleeve since the nuts holding the SQR attachment are exposed in the bag.

Very, very, easy to pop off the bike, pretty easy to put on as well - would be easier if I had a slightly longer seatpost (since it would clear the wheel by more)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
smuggers

Re: Carradice Slim SQR

Post by smuggers »

I'm looking to get a SQR for my bike & know Carradice specify you need to have a certain amount of seat post showing, in order for the SQR bracket to clear the rear of the saddle. I currently have a Bagman attached to the saddle rails & seat stay bosses. Pretty pleased with it, but do get some flex and it seems to have developed an annoying squeak, which I'm unable to cure.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. --H.G. Wells
jezer

Re: Carradice Slim SQR

Post by jezer »

I fitted mine today ready for the winter. I only use it in the winter months and for light touring. It's done quite a few years, and has that nice Carradice patina 8)
Power to the pedals