Y Frame Discounts Ltd.

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Valbrona

Y Frame Discounts Ltd.

Post by Valbrona »

Do not buy anything from these people until you educate yourself in respect of their mind bogglingly bad returns policy. They also trade on eBay where they give a dead link to their returns policy. I only wish I had noticed before ordering from them ...
Last edited by Valbrona on 10 Sep 2014, 3:57pm, edited 2 times in total.
I should coco.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Y Frame Discounts

Post by Mick F »

http://www.yframediscounts.com/
Is this them?

I take it they have nothing to do with Carry Freedom and their Y Frame trailers.
I wonder if Nick at CF has patented the name "Y Frame"?
Mick F. Cornwall
Valbrona

Re: Y Frame Discounts

Post by Valbrona »

Yes, those are the ones in that link. In their eBay returns policy they 'Only give refunds if goods are faulty'.
I should coco.
NewHorizon

Re: Y Frame Discounts Ltd.

Post by NewHorizon »

Its an Amazon affiliate - 'Orders are placed through Amazon and as such We do not dispatch, fulfill or refund any orders. Returns, disputes and any order queries remain the responsibility of Amazon. We does not accept any responsibility for orders placed with Amazon.'

No address, no phone number, no nothing really - buyer beware.

I'd find the product on the Amazon site and then order direct from them - their returns policy is excellent and I've never had any problems with them in 10+ years.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

I ordered through eBay, where they also trade. And they have what appears to be an Amazon-hosted website which you can also order through, as you mention.
I should coco.
Guy951

Post by Guy951 »

I have ordered a several of stuffs from them through their Amazon site over the past couple of years and always found the service to be fast, efficient and cheap.
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Quick summary: was sent the wrong tyres, no response to a request to exchange or refund. I made a claim for refund on Amazon. Order value refunded but nothing about reimbursement for the postal costs.

I ordered a pair of 20" Mitas Speedo Pro LT BMX Racing Pro Elite tyres on Amazon for £50. These are 127 tpi with an aramid bead. When I picked them up from the Post Office I found they'd sent me the Hobby level Sport wire bead version with a 22 tpi case. I consulted the returns policy and made a returns authorisation request asking to be sent the correct tyres or to have a refund. 72 hours later there was no response, I thought it likely that they didn't have the correct tryes at all and since I'd heard nothing I made a claim for a refund. Amazon replied saying to return the goods with a tracked plus signature service.

Today I received notification from Amazon of £50 refund. Nothing about reimbursement for the returns postage which came to £5.10. Still no communication from Y Frame Discounts. I shan't be using them again.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
That was with ebay protection then?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
That was with ebay protection then?

No, I didn't use eBay at all. Made the purchase on Amazon but Amazon were not the supplier. Yes they handled the claim so some kind of protection scheme.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I can’t exactly remember what I posted in previous post earlier dates here.
But the firm mentioned why frame discounts, like others have said I think advertises on eBay.
Two years running I’ve brought Fanta sea tents it’s Christmas on eBay, luteus Christley cheap.
Needless to say neither turned up and I’ve got a full refund from eBay.
I buy 99.9% sent all my stuff on eBay, I can normally find everything I want, even for a few pennies more it’s delivered to my door.

Recently my PayPal account packed up, first time in 15 years say, despite the fact That both PayPal and eBay cannot be directly emailed, I messaged PayPal and got good replies though you have to wait 24:48 hours, spoke to eBay by phone got through in lesson two minutes.
They were very apologetic about the fact that I could not use my account, eBay said my case was unique ha ha, maybe a ploy to make me feel important, anyway eventually fixed probably buy some hard work By the tech guys?

Amazon I find rather more expensive in general only ever brought one item from them, thousands off eBay, Though I understand that many people don’t like using eBay.

(Text by speech forgive bad grammar)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

The two tyre offer was on Amazon but not on eBay. I agree that for cycling bits eBay is usually cheaper.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Still waiting for my refund to be processed. It appears that it's Y Frame Discounts who need to do the refund and not Amazon even though I bought using Amazon marketplace.

EDIT: Refund now shows. So purchase cost refunded but not returns postage.
hamster

Post by hamster »

I've always found them very slick , but have never returned anything.