Dynamo front light

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
martin113

Dynamo front light

Post by martin113 »

I have a front light which is fed off a Schmidt front hub dynamo. it is the B and M Lumotec IQ2 Luxos U with the USB connector, which is brilliant (literally) and the USB charger is really useful on tours. However, for day rides I don't need the USB socket and I find it a bit of a drag having it on the bike and the lead from the lamp to the USB socket faffing around and generally getting in the way. So this autumn I would like to get a new light, something good and bright but smaller and lighter and without the lead to the USB adapator. Can anyone recommend a dynamo light they find particularly good?
stewartpratt

Re: Dynamo front light

Post by stewartpratt »

I use both the Luxos U and the Cyo Premium and the latter should fit your requirements perfectly: it's smaller and lighter and has no dangly bit, but the output is comparable in both brightness and beam shape: I would struggle to pick a preferred beam from the two.
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Axa Nano 50 Plus and Axa Luxx 70 Plus, both have usb sockets on the lights themselves so no cable to 'get in the way' if you're not using the usb feature but it's there when you go touring if you want it.
Bigdummysteve

Post by Bigdummysteve »

I use a supernova light set, not cheap but extremely good quality with a great beam http://supernova-lights.com/en_US/page/e3-pro-dynamo
,for the charging side of things I have a tout Terrain 'the plug3' it replaces the top cap and makes for a very neat solution.
https://cyclingabout.com/review-tout-terrain-the-plug-iii/
Both bits of kit have been on my dummy for 18 months and been faultless, the supernova rear lights are also very neat, tiny but bright.