Suggestions please: 10 day tour, end of September

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
bohrsatom

Suggestions please: 10 day tour, end of September

Post by bohrsatom »

Last year my other half and I quit our jobs and spent 4 months cycling 4000 miles across Europe. We're itching to do more riding but sadly we're working again and various commitments mean we're not likely to get a chance to go away until the very end of September, most likely for 10 days (plus two travelling days).

An average days ride for us is about 65km which gives enough time to relax and stop at any interesting sights along the way. Despite all the riding last year we now do only 6 miles a day to/from work so wouldn't want anything that's hugely hilly, and this time I'd rather stay in a hotel than camp.

We'd still like some nice weather but it's late in the season so when I look at a map my eyes immediately head south. We've done a fair chunk of the south of France already, but I'm still attracted to it as I can speak reasonably good French. So I'm thinking of starting there before heading into Spain. Bordeaux -> Seville is too far, but maybe Bordeaux to Madrid? Just read a post about the Camino, which I have already considered, but just not sure it's very "us". Maybe Italy? Or Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia?

All suggestions welcome!
hamster

Re: Suggestions please: 10 day tour, end of September

Post by hamster »

Andalucia is nice then: how about a leisurely Granada-Cordoba-Seville?
ubert767

Post by ubert767 »

I suggest Puglia in southern Italy. We toured there in April, flying in and out of Bari. Did a circular route and found it to be very interesting. It is cheap and the people are unbelievably friendly, food isn't bad either!
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Thanks for the suggestions - Andalucia sounds quite appealing actually. I've always wanted to visit Seville (a homage to marmalade, perhaps) so that could work quite nicely.