ideas for a 2 or 3 night tour in Britain

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
simon27

ideas for a 2 or 3 night tour in Britain

Post by simon27 »

We were going to do the Lon Los Cymru but don't really have the time this year, so can anyone suggest a 2 or 3 night tour in Britain, besides the Coast to Coast trips (done over the last 2 years and needing something different )

Thanks in anticipation
johnnyhamster

Re: ideas for a 2 or 3 night tour in Britain

Post by johnnyhamster »

I did a lovely three day tour last month - train to Abergavenny , NCN42 over Gospel Pass to Hay-on-Wye. Up the Wye valley to Builth Wells, NCN43 to Llanwrtyd Wells, up the Irfon Valley into mid Wales for an overnight in Dolgoch bunkhouse. Sort of retraced my steps, as I forgot the map, but could have made a circuit of it. Lovely part of the world and the Gospel Pass is a must for the five mile descent into Hay.
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Where are you, and are you relying on trains to get you to the start and home from the finish? How about Land's End-Bristol for a hilly three days? Or maybe start in London or Southend or somewhere else in Essex, and work your way up and round along the quiet lanes on the East Anglian coast for as long as time allows. Loop round and finish at Norwich or Kings Lynn if you need to catch a train back. Or tour the east coast from Hull to Newcastle via the North York Moors?
simon27

Post by simon27 »

sorry , should have said. I am in crewe so no problem catching trains to and from .

Thanks guys- this has given me food for thought-- I like the sound of the Anglian trip
beardy

Post by beardy »

From Crewe,

I would suggest the Route 82 from Aberystwyth to Shrewsbury. You could ride that from your doorstep or cut some off by train if the mileage is more than you would like. If the mileage isnt enough then go a little distance on the leg down towards Cardigan.