Anyone Use Taptalk?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
simonhill

Anyone Use Taptalk?

Post by simonhill »

I know this isn't exactly touring, but presumably it is an app that will help me access this forum while touring, so post justified??!!

I keep getting prompted on my my Google tablet to use Taptalk. Is it worth it, will it improve my CTC forum 'experience' ?
Psamathe

Re: Anyone Use Taptalk?

Post by Psamathe »

I think some people like it, others don't. I tried it and did not like it. But getting the company to delete your account once it is created is impossible. So don't create an account unless you really want one because once created it cannot be deleted - at least I followed their procedures many times and got nowhere (you have to e-mail them and ask them to manually delete the account - which they repeatedly completely ignore). I don't think they are a particularly good company in this regard so my own recommendation would be to avoid them.

Ian
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

I use Tapatalk all the time. I can access all the cycling forums I want from the one app. So its convenient for me.
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

I don't use it, but I get prompted to download it three times for every CTC Forum page I visit. It's immensely annoying, so much so that I don't bother visiting on a tablet any more.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Has rendered this site unusable

I did not get on at all

However I have anything between 20 - 30 invites to use Tapatalk per post
mjr

Post by mjr »

Double post
Last edited by mjr on 22 Jul 2015, 7:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Forbid this site from running JavaScript and it should cure it for you. There's an earlier discussion of this problem in "about the forum" forum which explains why admin keeps it.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

OldBloke wrote:I use Tapatalk all the time. I can access all the cycling forums I want from the one app. So its convenient for me.

Yup me too. BUT I thought there was only one cycling forum in the whole World! Do recommend OB...b
drossall

Post by drossall »

I like Tapatalk. I haven't created a Tapatalk account though. You do that if you want to share all your different forum accounts between all your mobile devices. It lets you set up the sign-ins for each forum once, and share them between devices automatically. I prefer to keep my passwords to myself, so I set them up separately on each device.
Bigdummysteve

Post by Bigdummysteve »

Cunobelin wrote:Has rendered this site unusable

I did not get on at all

However I have anything between 20 - 30 invites to use Tapatalk per post

Yes I hate it with passion, I too have given up on some forums due to repeated bugging.
gaz

Post by gaz »

mjr wrote:Forbid this site from running JavaScript and it should cure it for you. There's an earlier discussion of this problem in "about the forum" forum which explains why admin keeps it.

There's a different discussion that suggests another method to disable it: viewtopic.php?p=652897#p652897
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

It was unusable when I first tried it but after numerous interface Fettles it's now okay for use from a 'phone.
I wouldn't bother on a bigger screen though, and I've turned all the notification off.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

Heltor Chasca wrote:
Yup me too. BUT I thought there was only one cycling forum in the whole World! Do recommend OB...b

I also follow http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/ . Might have something to do with where I live. :)

OB
Monsieur

Post by Monsieur »

I use tapatalk on my iphone and ipad to follow 5 forums and it works well - no issues at all
Solvitur ambulando