Finding new touring friends!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
BenGarner

Finding new touring friends!

Post by BenGarner »

I'm posting this as I've just come back from a three week tour in France which was amazing but it could of been better if I had someone to share the fun and struggles with.
Unfortunately for me none of my friends are interested in cycling, especially touring long miles in the rain or shine with the added bonus of wild camping or finding a dodgy campsite!
I live in the South-West of Wiltshire, 34 years old and looking for anyone who is interested in short tours around the UK or longer tours in Europe.
If anyone is interested please reply and maybe we can start a Wiltshire based touring club for like minded people!

Thanks for taking your time to read this post,

Ben.
Last edited by BenGarner on 21 Jun 2015, 9:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
al_yrpal

Re: Finding new touring friends!

Post by al_yrpal »

Hi Ben, how about this group.http://www.ctc.org.uk/local-groups/blac ... yeo-valley search the CTC website for CTC and affilliated cycling groups.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
peter8

Post by peter8 »

Hi there,

My name's Peter. Not based in Wiltshire but would be interested in some longer tours in Europe.

Get in touch if you are interested.
ipswichcycler

Post by ipswichcycler »

Hi there, in based in Suffolk but also looking to hook up for a tour sometime.
BenGarner

Post by BenGarner »

Hi ipswichcycler,

What type of touring were you thinking about? Is it the UK or Europe your interested in?
ipswichcycler

Post by ipswichcycler »

This year I think it will be short local trips (baby due in September so want to stay near). Also interested in wild camping. I've got one eye on a big trip but think that will be a while away.
jk49

Post by jk49 »

Hi Ben, I live in Salisbury, do a bit of touring, mostly on my own. But I completely understand what you mean about having company on tour. Thinking of 4 or 5 days in Wales or the Wessex circuit ? I'm a bit older than you (51) but can do 50/60 miles a day without too much bother. Let me know if this is of any interest to you
Jon
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

BenGarner wrote:I'm posting this as I've just come back from a three week tour in France which was amazing but it could of been better if I had someone to share the fun and struggles with.
Unfortunately for me none of my friends are interested in cycling, especially touring long miles in the rain or shine with the added bonus of wild camping or finding a dodgy campsite!
I live in the South-West of Wiltshire, 34 years old and looking for anyone who is interested in short tours around the UK or longer tours in Europe.
If anyone is interested please reply and maybe we can start a Wiltshire based touring club for like minded people!

Thanks for taking your time to read this post,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

I am just about to leave on my tour around the UK and Irish coast over 3 1/2 monts - 3rd of July to Mid October. Happy for anyone to join in just contact me on newt@systems-engineer.info.

Ren
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
email: newt@systems-engineer.info web: thedarknewt.blogspot.co.uk
Cheltourer

Post by Cheltourer »

Hello Ben, I live in Cheltenham. Also looking for touring companion who is into cycle camping. My cycling is best described as rambling with wheels. I have booked the bike bus in September with the aim of doing some of the cols of the Pyrenees.
BenGarner

Post by BenGarner »

Hi Cheltourer. Your trip in September sounds great. Are you planning any short tours in the UK before you go?
Jon Lucas

Post by Jon Lucas »

Ben,

If you live in S.W. Wiltshire presumably you are fairly close to Warminster. They had their 7th annual Warminster Wobble cycle festival a week ago, which I hear was very successful. Have a look at their website warminsterwobble.org.uk