Gas Cartridge Availability

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
meic

Re: Gas Cartridge Availability

Post by meic »

LollyKat wrote:
meic wrote:I took my paraffin stove this year because of such scares. I decided to look in one supermarket for meths and canisters.
It had cheap meths and screw in (EN 417)cannisters and that was in a small town supermarket.
I could have hit a "one off" .

Did you find it easy to buy paraffin in suitable quantities?

I took enough bottles of it with me. It is supposed to be available but if it is like here you have to know where to look.
I tend to buy 4 litres at a time which is cheaper than 500g of gas.
Yma o Hyd
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

bikepacker wrote:Take one of these with you http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/ ... aptor-p454
Then you can use either the Camping Gaz push fit or the screw on when you can find them.

My style of problem solving :D but the price :shock: cheaper for me to replace my stove! Thanks anyway :)

Or I could just bite the bullet and pack a spare cartridge. We aren't camping - the stove will just be for road side brew ups. If we manage to run out there's always wine...
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
robing

Post by robing »

I can confirm Decathlon in Spain definitely stock the Coleman type screw in canisters. There must be other places that do them.